Author Topic: hey rochester area guys, favor  (Read 1938 times)

Offline FarginIcehole

• Nubbie
hey rochester area guys, favor
« on: Nov 07, 2006, 09:37:29 PM »
do any of you fellas have a place my nephew and i could go to sight in his new gun??i know alot of you will be breaking off a few slugs this week and weekend. i used to sight in off of a seasonal access road out in caledonia but the local police dont like it much anymore.i know it sounds odd but the farm i hunt will let me shoot deer but not shoot to sight in.the nephew is 19 and this is his 3rd year hunting and no deer yet,now he has a new mossberg with a scope and we need to teach him how to use this thing fast. any favor here would be greatly appreciated.we will bring gifts to anyone who could give us a place to shoot . thanks  Fargin

Offline FarginIcehole

• Nubbie
Re: hey rochester area guys, favor
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2006, 08:11:46 AM »
i am sorry i should have been more specific. it was an abandoned railroad bed that crossed a seasonal access road. we would park on the road and walk about 800 yards down the bed and shoot. must have taken away half of caledonias hunters shooting spot.there are thousands of casings on the old rr bed.

Offline FarginIcehole

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2006, 02:20:27 PM »
76 views and no love.

Offline Mentiply

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2006, 03:12:54 PM »
I would but I have no idea.  :-[

Offline bighillbilly

• Nubbie
    • gear and techniques for the beginning bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2006, 03:29:09 PM »
I would call the local police station, sporting goods store and gun shop and ask about public ranges in the area.  Little bit of legwork, but you might be surprised at what is in your backyard?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal