Author Topic: Archery season  (Read 5249 times)

Offline hunters08

• Forked
Archery season
« on: Oct 05, 2006, 11:31:27 PM »
Man i cant believe its almost here!!!! this time of year is like a drug addiction for me!!!(probably more expensive)first its fishing for steelies then archery and gun and on the ice.Man i'm stoked just about a week away!!!!!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: Archery season
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2006, 06:27:14 AM »
a week away for southern zone, its been open for awhile up north. That's where I'll be this weekend. ;D I can't wait, I saw a nice 6 pointer in my front lawn yesterday evening.  ;D
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

FrankM

« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2006, 01:50:22 PM »
I'll be up in one of my favorite trees bright and early next Sat.  I'm heading down to my property tomorrow for some final scouting and tree stand checking.  This cool weather has really got me itching to get in the woods.

Offline Perch Inc.

• Spiked
  • Monster Perch Rulz!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2006, 02:19:11 PM »
I can't wait!!! The last few morning my blood has been racing!!! 6 Days and 15 hrs to GO!!!!
Pass it on the GREAT NY Outdoors!!         

FrankM

« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2006, 11:30:45 AM »
I had a great day scouting and checking tree stands last Saturday.  It was a beautiful day and there was a lot of tracks and sign by all my favorite stands.  Now all I have to do is pick which stand to try first.  I also found a spot where a large bear has been hanging out.  I have never seen so many and so large piles of bear poop in one area in my life.  I can't wait for Saturday morning.  The long range forecast calls for possible snow showers Friday, a late night flurry and low of 29 deg, then cold and sunny Saturday.

Offline fshnfool

• 6 Pointer
  • ssssssshhhh....I'm hunting wwwabbit
« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2006, 01:14:36 PM »
  The long range forecast calls for possible snow showers Friday, a late night flurry and low of 29 deg, then cold and sunny Saturday.

can't get much better than that.....good luck guys
~Scott~

Offline pieman1998

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2006, 08:41:24 AM »
i'm going to pass the frist 2 weeks to take my son hunting :)
love the outdoors

Offline hunters08

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2006, 06:47:37 PM »
4 more days to go!!!!!! cold cold cold for saturday
 morning the deer are going to be moving for sure just cant wait.I have been seeing alot of really decent 8 pointers this year seems like there is a cycle,last year not as many but the year before seemed to be alot also.Tons of apples and tons of acorns and beach nuts in the woods over here again this year.

Offline hunters08

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2006, 09:28:42 AM »
Oh boy three more days :o ;D

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2006, 11:21:04 AM »
Only 2 days left in the southern zone!!!!!! Should be nice and cool for everyone.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline hunters08

• Forked
« Reply #10 on: Oct 12, 2006, 07:40:52 PM »
snowed in buffalo today!!!The deer were out in the fields early this evening to.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Oct 13, 2006, 06:40:08 AM »
snowed in buffalo today!!!The deer were out in the fields early this evening to.
You guys are so lucky! I heard this morning you have gotten 8 inches out there.

FrankM

« Reply #12 on: Oct 13, 2006, 11:06:24 AM »
Buffalo and the northern suburbs got hammered with up to 2 feet of wet heavy snow.  It looks like a war zone up there with trees down everywhere and over 200,000 homes without power. I hope no one has to suffer too much with all the damage and power outages.   At my house in Boston we only had 1/2" of snow this morning and its probably melted by now.  5 miles north in Orchard Park they have 8-10" and the power is out.   Here in Arcade where I work the grass is green and the sun is shining.  Gotta love Western New York!  I''ll be out hunting in the southern tier tomorrow morning.  I'm heading out to my cabin straight from work this afternoon.  Good luck and safe hunting to all this weekend and I'm looking forward to reading some interesting deer stories come Monday!  Maybe I'll even get to post one myself.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Oct 13, 2006, 11:26:38 AM »
I'll be up north enjoying opening weekend of Muzzleloader season. Anyone else muzzleloading please play it safe and wear blaze orange or at least blaze camo.

Offline hunters08

• Forked
« Reply #14 on: Oct 13, 2006, 06:56:28 PM »
I'll be up north enjoying opening weekend of Muzzleloader season. Anyone else muzzleloading please play it safe and wear blaze orange or at least blaze camo.
Good luck with your muzzleloader. I am always so excited on this night!!! Just like my kids waiting for santa in the morning!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal