Author Topic: need some tricks...  (Read 896 times)

Offline The Butcher

• 6 Pointer
need some tricks...
« on: Nov 26, 2012, 07:16:21 PM »
I know this isn't the worst problem to have but I still need some ideas...

One of my stands has a few nice bucks on camera but,  2 out of 3 times I sit there I have does come in 5-10 minutes before the end of legal light.. I end up sitting there in the dark for an hour sometimes more until I think they have walked off. Sometimes they are really gone and other times they are still spooked out of there and blowing at me as I climb down.

What do you guys do in this situation? I feel like everytime this happens I am pushing them more and more nocturnal... Or keeping that buck from ever coming in during game time.

The last time I used a snort wheeze and that seemed to work, but so did throwing my seat cushion out of the stand the week before.... :-\

any ideas????

Offline Mearzy

• 6 Pointer
Re: need some tricks...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »
pin point the travel root and get ahead of them at a bottle neck even if this means stump sittin or standing still in a thicket as long as the wind is in your favor it sounds like you need to buy some more daylight and close the door on them.

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
Re: need some tricks...
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:38:55 AM »
^ agreed. if you can move, and set up another 75 or 100 yards back toward where they're coming from you'll see em sooner.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal