Author Topic: New rules offically put in place for this season  (Read 15589 times)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
Re: New rules offically put in place for this season
« Reply #45 on: Jul 23, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »

That she does  ;D
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #46 on: Jul 23, 2012, 04:14:48 PM »
Did you ever get the rack from the buck you shot last year loonyone? I thought you said someone found it later on.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #47 on: Jul 23, 2012, 04:16:16 PM »
Did you ever get the rack from the buck you shot last year loonyone? I thought you said someone found it later on.

yes I have taken it to camp and mounted it there....fit just great....was a 5 point but it was awesome...just wish I could have had the meat from him too

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #48 on: Jul 23, 2012, 04:18:13 PM »
yes I have taken it to camp and mounted it there....fit just great....was a 5 point but it was awesome...just wish I could have had the meat from him too
What and no pictures on here? :o :o  ;D ;D Never fun to lose a deer but unfortunately its all a part of the game.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #49 on: Jul 23, 2012, 04:19:55 PM »
What and no pictures on here? :o :o  ;D ;D Never fun to lose a deer but unfortunately its all a part of the game.

I forgot to take them....I will get one when I get back in a few weeks and post....i didnt think anyone wanted to see my puny 5 pt....rack........and yep all part of the game.............sucks

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #50 on: Jul 23, 2012, 04:24:49 PM »
I forgot to take them....I will get one when I get back in a few weeks and post....i didnt think anyone wanted to see my puny 5 pt....rack........and yep all part of the game.............sucks
Nonsense I would like to see it and I am sure others would as well. That is your first buck and they are all trophies.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #51 on: Jul 23, 2012, 04:27:54 PM »
Nonsense I would like to see it and I am sure others would as well. That is your first buck and they are all trophies.

well alright when I get back from MT I will take a pic and show you....

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #52 on: Jul 23, 2012, 04:29:02 PM »
well alright when I get back from MT I will take a pic and show you....
I'll hold you to it. ;) Have a safe trip and take plenty of pics.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #53 on: Jul 23, 2012, 04:33:20 PM »
Yea I like rack pictures.....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #54 on: Jul 23, 2012, 04:36:12 PM »
Yea I like rack pictures.....

OMG you want to see rack pictures............do they have to have the felt on them or nakee

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #55 on: Jul 23, 2012, 05:15:33 PM »

They all saw my little five pointer last season.

Hope you have a great trip.
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2012, 05:16:17 PM by stka »

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #56 on: Jul 23, 2012, 10:22:20 PM »
I'm looking forward to bowhunting later into December instead of having to pull out my muzzleloader. 8)

Not sure if everyone is aware but the youth hunt isn't going to happen: http://www.outdoornews.com/July-2012/Did-Oct-1-opener-seal-youth-hunt-fate/
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline mcully

• Forked
« Reply #57 on: Jul 24, 2012, 08:35:11 AM »
Just wish instead of youth hunts and early openings  they'd leave the season open until January 1st so kids that are on vacation could actually have time to hunt. They all have a full week off with Chrstmas presents to use. I know some objections due to snow but it could be managed that if sufficient snow accumulates it gets shut down. And it would promote youth hunting more so than early openings when kids are starting fall sports and have very limited days off. And typically there's little safe ice.

Offline Hollywood

• 8 Pointer
  • # 99
« Reply #58 on: Aug 03, 2012, 07:56:42 AM »
I'm looking forward to bowhunting later into December instead of having to pull out my muzzleloader. 8)

Not sure if everyone is aware but the youth hunt isn't going to happen: http://www.outdoornews.com/July-2012/Did-Oct-1-opener-seal-youth-hunt-fate/

Hard to believe a youth season gets opposition.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #59 on: Aug 03, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »
Hard to believe a youth season gets opposition.
I'm with you . How is it a bad thing ? I've heard Poachers will take advantage of it ..... Poachers are gonna POACH  >:( I guess the NY Bowhunters Ass. were at the fore front of the opposition , saying that the gunfire would turn the Bucks nocturnal  ::) ::) ::) Ok , the small game hunters are tromping around with dogs shooting a box of ammo off a day ...... One stinking weekend  >:(
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal