Author Topic: New rules offically put in place for this season  (Read 15523 times)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
Peddler

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
Re: New rules offically put in place for this season
« Reply #32 on: Jul 19, 2012, 11:19:05 AM »
Thanks Mookie, how do I sign up.

Peddler ;D
Scott will start a sign up thread sometime around the beginning of August , I'm sure it will be near the top of the board all month  ;)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #33 on: Jul 19, 2012, 11:26:49 AM »
Scott will start a sign up thread sometime around the beginning of August , I'm sure it will be near the top of the board all month  ;)

Great thanks.

Peddler  ;D
Peddler

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #34 on: Jul 21, 2012, 10:29:40 AM »
Has anyone heard if they moved the age for gun to twelve?
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline jperch

• Forked
« Reply #35 on: Jul 21, 2012, 11:06:23 AM »
Bblaster, I believe that changing the hunting age, like legalizing crossbows, requires the state legislature to pass a law to that effect.  Changing the opening day of bow season was a change of a DEC regulation and did not require legislative action.  I have not heard anything about new laws for hunting age or crossbows; I think the legislature has left Albany for the summer.   jperch

Offline BigBuckTaker16

• 6 Pointer
  • It must be the "hat"
« Reply #36 on: Jul 22, 2012, 06:45:59 PM »
I'm pumped about the early bow in southern zone. I hope they end up expanding the antler restrictions to more of southern zone and northern zone as well. It would be nice to start seeing more and more quality bucks. We always pass up all these small bucks just to watch other people kill them. What would really be nice is if they got rid of late muzzleloading..nothing worse than killing a bunch of does that are already bread.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2012, 06:47:36 PM by BigBuckTaker16 »
Iceshanty= AirManCam

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #37 on: Jul 22, 2012, 06:50:12 PM »

Have to respectfully dissagree about the AR's buddy , but do love the new Opener for SZ bow  ;D

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #38 on: Jul 23, 2012, 05:31:58 AM »
I'm pumped about the early bow in southern zone. I hope they end up expanding the antler restrictions to more of southern zone and northern zone as well. It would be nice to start seeing more and more quality bucks. We always pass up all these small bucks just to watch other people kill them. What would really be nice is if they got rid of late muzzleloading..nothing worse than killing a bunch of does that are already bread.

Disagree with your take on muzzleloading BBT you archers want everything your way. Let's wake up and open archery for crossbows and see if we can get more people i the field. We are loosing more people than we are gaining. We all need to work together.

Peddler
Peddler

Offline BigBuckTaker16

• 6 Pointer
  • It must be the "hat"
« Reply #39 on: Jul 23, 2012, 07:13:25 AM »
Disagree with your take on muzzleloading BBT you archers want everything your way. Let's wake up and open archery for crossbows and see if we can get more people i the field. We are loosing more people than we are gaining. We all need to work together.

Peddler
I'm not just a bow hunter, I muzzleload just as much as I bow hunt. I didn't say we should take away muzzleloading. IMO I don't think its right to kill does late season that have most likely been bread by a buck already.
Iceshanty= AirManCam

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #40 on: Jul 23, 2012, 07:21:22 AM »

Think of it this was BBT , when you shoot a doe , you lose next years fawn from her . Doesn't matter if she has been bred or not ..... know what I mean .... basically we dwindling hunters need to take more deer each , and this is what the new laws allow ..... More opportunity , and more ways to use the tags  ;) Personally , I hunt for a full freezer , not for the biggest rack on the wall .... To me that's just a who pisses farther contest , tho I do admire the accomplishment of a truly mature buck .

Offline BigBuckTaker16

• 6 Pointer
  • It must be the "hat"
« Reply #41 on: Jul 23, 2012, 09:23:59 AM »

Think of it this was BBT , when you shoot a doe , you lose next years fawn from her . Doesn't matter if she has been bred or not ..... know what I mean .... basically we dwindling hunters need to take more deer each , and this is what the new laws allow ..... More opportunity , and more ways to use the tags  ;) Personally , I hunt for a full freezer , not for the biggest rack on the wall .... To me that's just a who pisses farther contest , tho I do admire the accomplishment of a truly mature buck .
That's a good point, can't argue that. We hunt the same way down south..to fill our freezers then hunt horns up here.
Iceshanty= AirManCam

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #42 on: Jul 23, 2012, 11:32:42 AM »
That's a good point, can't argue that. We hunt the same way down south..to fill our freezers then hunt horns up here.
Nuttin wrong with that either , I say hunt how you wanna hunt ..... If its legal , do it  ;)

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #43 on: Jul 23, 2012, 01:53:58 PM »

not for the biggest rack on the wall .... To me that's just a who pisses farther contest , tho I do admire the accomplishment of a truly mature buck .

you would wins hands down.................i cannot participate in that one.............. :o :o :o :o

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #44 on: Jul 23, 2012, 02:26:09 PM »
you would wins hands down.................i cannot participate in that one.............. :o :o :o :o

Mookster, she does have a point !!!!!

Peddler  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Peddler

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal