Author Topic: Fellow MHF Member  (Read 2276 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
Fellow MHF Member
« on: Oct 16, 2011, 07:26:55 PM »

Today I needed to buy a gas can & the person that helped me @ the store said "I know you, your 30-30". It was upstatehunter, we had a nice talk, It was a pleasure meeting him & talking w/him. I know that a lot of you know one another but how many have run into fellow members like I did today?

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Fellow MHF Member
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
I was ice fishing in someones holes after they left and did pretty good. Went back a day or two later to hit the same spot, but they were there so I gave them space. Hours into fishing I hear a guy yell "Hey Steve, aren't going to stop over and say hi". Turns out it was a guy I knew fishing with a member here (I think). I asked how he knew it was me, he said "How many long haired guys are out ice fishing with a woman?". Fair enough  8).

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2011, 07:38:11 PM »
I am sleeping with one........................ ::)

LOL never by chance but have made a bunch of new friends here.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline BigBuckTaker16

• 6 Pointer
  • It must be the "hat"
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2011, 08:12:45 PM »
Jeff which gas station was it at? Not sure if he works at the one off exit 19 but I remember meeting an iceshanty member there. He recognized my car he said lol.
Iceshanty= AirManCam

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2011, 08:17:36 PM »
Hahaha...  I had the pleasure to fish with that upstate guy a few times...  He seems to be a good guy  and he is welcome on my boat any time.. ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2011, 06:28:53 AM »
Jeff which gas station was it at? Not sure if he works at the one off exit 19 but I remember meeting an iceshanty member there. He recognized my car he said lol.
It was @ a hardware store in Warrensburg.

Offline BigBuckTaker16

• 6 Pointer
  • It must be the "hat"
« Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 2011, 08:15:27 AM »
Ahh gotchya. Is it Jesse or Andy? I didn't know they were on here.
Iceshanty= AirManCam

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #7 on: Oct 17, 2011, 08:17:56 AM »
Ahh gotchya. Is it Jesse or Andy? I didn't know they were on here.

Scott, Upstatehunter......
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8 on: Oct 17, 2011, 10:00:34 AM »

Scott, Upstatehunter......

OH....................... I know him too. In fact I knew him back in the cranky pants day's.  ;D ;D ;D  wish we had a few more Mass members. :o
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Oct 17, 2011, 10:21:52 AM »
LOL, thanks guys......My ears were ringing so bad this morning I didn't hear the deer sneaking up on me from behind.....Course could just be old age and poor hearing..... :P

Was great to meet you too 30-30....Glad we could help you for your trip.... ;) Hope you get a big one..... ;D ;D

I have been in Raquettes boat, caught the biggest fish of the day.... :P....Been on the ice with him as well.....And had a couple of Dominator hugs..... ;)  He "seems" to be a good guy too...... ;) ;) ;)

Just started a couple weeks ago for them....Have known both Andy and Jesse since they were born....went to school with their parents... ;D ;D ;D

Offline BigBuckTaker16

• 6 Pointer
  • It must be the "hat"
« Reply #10 on: Oct 17, 2011, 10:32:10 AM »
LOL, thanks guys......My ears were ringing so bad this morning I didn't hear the deer sneaking up on me from behind.....Course could just be old age and poor hearing..... :P

Was great to meet you too 30-30....Glad we could help you for your trip.... ;) Hope you get a big one..... ;D ;D

I have been in Raquettes boat, caught the biggest fish of the day.... :P....Been on the ice with him as well.....And had a couple of Dominator hugs..... ;)  He "seems" to be a good guy too...... ;) ;) ;)

Just started a couple weeks ago for them....Have known both Andy and Jesse since they were born....went to school with their parents... ;D ;D ;D
Good stuff! I'll be seeing you then, I'm their cousin my name is josh Cameron. Always in there for logging supplies. I have the lifted tundra and slammed blue Subaru.
Iceshanty= AirManCam

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Oct 17, 2011, 10:38:41 AM »
Nice!! Had to make a couple Saw chains yesterday.....Homeowners....they think they can just tell ya they have a Husky, and you can make them a chain.....I tell them to go look through the chains on the rack....and pick one out......I don't want that safety chain.....(little do they know, when I make them one...that's what I use.... :P)
Most of the guys who work in the woods know saws and chain...they know what their saw takes, or have an old box with the size on it if they have a bunch of different saws.... ;)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #12 on: Oct 17, 2011, 12:33:25 PM »
I am sleeping with one........................ ::)

LOL never by chance but have made a bunch of new friends here.

LOL.... I ave never bumped into a member but have met up with a few on a planned trip
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Oct 17, 2011, 06:17:08 PM »
Haven't bumped into any MHF folk yet, except on purpose.

Have met multiple guys from IS - devo, deep_end, and dogfish immediately come to mind.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal