Author Topic: Come on people....We need to really band together to stop this!!  (Read 1372 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: Come on people....We need to really band together to stop this!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2011, 07:15:09 AM »
GOOD!  I'm glad those jackwagons got arrested.  >:(
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2011, 07:50:08 AM »
The first kid that shot four deer was 18. He's lucky he isn't in my family, jail and fines should be the least of his worries.

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2011, 07:57:41 AM »
The first kid that shot four deer was 18. He's lucky he isn't in my family, jail and fines should be the least of his worries.

My guess is he learned it from older family members... 

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2011, 08:00:55 AM »
Yup, me too. "I learned it from watching you, dad." A lot of these poacher stories remind me of that old PSA.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2011, 09:55:09 AM »
Your exactly right, most know NO other way to hunt.....either ride the roads and shoot out of season....or wrong implement...or over feed.....or with a light.....Really sad part is....for years their family was doing this as relatives were game wardens.....everyone knew they did it...nothing was ever done....or if they did happen to get caught...judge let them off easy as he felt bad for the family.... >:( >:( >:((or was related as well).....Not that my family was a model of a law abiding citizen.... :(....But my brothers and cousins and their kids have broken the chain..... ;)  Just doesn't make sense, when your able to get deer legally in NY. Kind of mistakenly justified when we got one tag for a buck years ago and there were more deer than there are now....Still didn't make it right.....Hope these young guys learn from this and teach their friends!!! But truth of it is they will probably resent law enforcement more now and try to get away with more....teach them(ECO's) a lesson..... >:( >:( >:(

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2011, 10:21:02 AM »
i know a man that has property butting up to my dads land and he had a fit because I parked on the edge of his property (major route street side) to walk in at my dads property line while doing scouting earlier last year for turkey while during deer season opener.  He was mad and called the troopers on me, got on his four wheeler and was looking for me and put out cameras on the edge of our property line to see if I was hunting his property. 

My point is he called the troopers about me trespassing which I wasnt and he has actually gotten banned from hunting for ever so I am told, because he poached on my fathers land a few years back..He actually went to jail/parol and now makes the mechanical deer for deer poaching tactics.  Not that that is a terrible sentence to make these things.  I think it is great we have some type of sentencing.....my issue was why the cop even came to my house and took the time to look into this  issue, with this guys history.  I know there are plenty out there in this forum that know this story and know this man and do not defend or justify his tactics at all.  I know the cop was doing his job but he could have saved himself some time if he just took the time to think about who called me in and where the property line is.  He knew me personally as did this jerk of a neighbor.  The cop should have thought about why he called it in in the first place.  That just burns me up to think the poacher is still a poaching while I am lawabiding and I have to go through proving who and why to someone who thinks I was takin his deer that really isnt his anyways.  Hope I made since as to why I am actually ranting if not sorry.

Offline fatman

• 6 Pointer
  • Always Expect The Unexpected
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2011, 02:27:02 AM »
i know a man that has property butting up to my dads land and he had a fit because I parked on the edge of his property (major route street side) to walk in at my dads property line while doing scouting earlier last year for turkey while during deer season opener.  He was mad and called the troopers on me, got on his four wheeler and was looking for me and put out cameras on the edge of our property line to see if I was hunting his property. 

My point is he called the troopers about me trespassing which I wasnt and he has actually gotten banned from hunting for ever so I am told, because he poached on my fathers land a few years back..He actually went to jail/parol and now makes the mechanical deer for deer poaching tactics.  Not that that is a terrible sentence to make these things.  I think it is great we have some type of sentencing.....my issue was why the cop even came to my house and took the time to look into this  issue, with this guys history.  I know there are plenty out there in this forum that know this story and know this man and do not defend or justify his tactics at all.  I know the cop was doing his job but he could have saved himself some time if he just took the time to think about who called me in and where the property line is.  He knew me personally as did this jerk of a neighbor.  The cop should have thought about why he called it in in the first place.  That just burns me up to think the poacher is still a poaching while I am lawabiding and I have to go through proving who and why to someone who thinks I was takin his deer that really isnt his anyways.  Hope I made since as to why I am actually ranting if not sorry.
I have learned over the years that a person who locks up everthing like Fort Knox is usually a thief in some way or another, and people that point the finger at someone else is usually doing so to take the light off of themselves.  You did nothing wrong your neighbor probably does not want you to see his bait piles.
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2011, 02:29:33 AM by fatman »
No matter how big a deer is. You can only put a little piece on your fork at a time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal