Author Topic: A FATHERS COMMITMENT  (Read 1598 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
A FATHERS COMMITMENT
« on: Oct 14, 2011, 07:06:33 AM »

Tomarrow is opening day of blackpowder & I've been out scouting an area, had a trail cam out got lots of pics of deer. My gear is already for the hunt but I'm not going to be able to get out early in the morning when the deer have been showing up. A year ago 1 of my sons lost his drivers licence, I'm not going into details but it was a stupid move on his part & he knows it, since I'm retired I've told him I'd help him out as much as I could. He just informed me that he has to work tomarrow & I need to pick him up @ 5am to drive him to work in Albany, I won't be home till around 8am. Then I have to go back down to pick him up @ 3:30-4pm. Luckily for me I'm retired so I can hunt all week, but there something about getting up & out on opening day.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: A FATHERS COMMITMENT
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2011, 07:14:14 AM »
You're a good father Charlie Brown!
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2011, 07:25:53 AM »
Do your "father" things, come home and get into the woods. By then we will all be wet and heading out. lol We will push one by you....good luck...hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2011, 07:27:33 AM »
Worth every minute lost hunting.....as we all know, most of us weren't perfect growing up....some of us took a little longer than others....Glad he is learning, and your there to help. Just a great father/son relationship.  ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2011, 07:49:37 AM by upstatehunter »

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2011, 07:43:07 AM »
glad you take the time for your kids even when inconvenient and at their wrong doings.  not many would do that if kid did wrong....keep the relationship there is always tomorrow for the deer no matter how stoked.....and you get out later anyways...best of both in my eyes and a great dad to boot

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2011, 07:44:47 AM »
If you want to bring your stuff you can spend the day in my stand .... shoot me a pm with your #.

I should have paid more attention ... it is bow season here ... offer still stands.

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »
If you want to bring your stuff you can spend the day in my stand .... shoot me a pm with your #.

I should have paid more attention ... it is bow season here ... offer still stands.
Thanks ship but I'll come home spend a few hrs. in the woods then back to Albany.
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2011, 10:53:12 AM by 30-30 »

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2011, 10:19:21 AM »
The deer gods will shine down on you for this 30-30.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2011, 11:19:53 AM »
glad you take the time for your kids even when inconvenient and at their wrong doings.  not many would do that if kid did wrong....keep the relationship there is always tomorrow for the deer no matter how stoked.....and you get out later anyways...best of both in my eyes and a great dad to boot
well spoken girl !
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal