Author Topic: Youth Turkey Season  (Read 3795 times)

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
Re: Youth Turkey Season
« Reply #15 on: Apr 23, 2011, 08:25:41 PM »
Hope you all have better luck in the morning should be better weather!!!

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Apr 25, 2011, 08:36:33 AM »
We hit the field first thing Saturday morning.  The wind and rain were brutal!  We seen several deer, but no turkeys.  We stuck it out until 8:00.  By then we were soaked and starting to get cold.  He said lets head in and I wasn't going to argue with him, it was his hunt.  All in all we had fun, he was all smiles all day long.  Heading out again this weekend to see if we can get any birds to come in.

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Apr 25, 2011, 02:44:12 PM »
Weather certainly was not playing nice this weekend good to hear that the boy still enjoyed it and is ready for next weekend. Finally I can say I will be out this weekend as well been final scouts being done tomorrow through fri morning then roosting them sat night for the opener which can't get here soon enough good luck with your season.

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Apr 25, 2011, 06:40:09 PM »
Saturday was rough.No birds at all.Sunday was a different story.Took my brother and sister out.She got her first bird(Jake) and he missed two seperate birds.Think he got a little excited  ;D Awesome day probably the most fun i've had hunting in awhile
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #19 on: Apr 25, 2011, 09:02:30 PM »
Nice BB congrats to the youngsters!!! Sure is exciting to see them get their first.

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Apr 26, 2011, 05:46:13 AM »
Saturday was rough.No birds at all.Sunday was a different story.Took my brother and sister out.She got her first bird(Jake) and he missed two seperate birds.Think he got a little excited  ;D Awesome day probably the most fun i've had hunting in awhile

wtg bb  ;D  did you happen to snap any pix?  creating the youth turkey hunt is the one of the greatest things they have done. usually creates the most memorable hunts of the season for me. unfortunatly i didnt have any youths to take out this yr.  :( 
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Apr 26, 2011, 07:22:33 AM »
Congrats BB!  Mama had the day planned for us on Sunday, Egg hunt, church, family, etc...   I was a little disappointed that we couldn't make it out.  Hopefully this Saturday will be good turkey weather.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Apr 26, 2011, 07:33:32 AM »
  Hopefully this Saturday will be good turkey weather.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

:o :o :o might wanna wait till sunday!  8)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #23 on: Apr 26, 2011, 07:58:48 AM »
The youth hunt was only the 23-24th. There is no open season until May 1st in NY.

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Apr 26, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »
Yup, my buddy just pointed that out to me.  We'll have to wait until Sunday to head out again.  Thanks for the heads up.

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Apr 26, 2011, 12:07:27 PM »
i knew youd figure it out sooner than later.  ;) 

guy i worked with quite a many years ago told me of an opening day of s tier shotgun once when the sun came up and after a couple hours he still had yet to hear a shot. (or see a deer) after he had left baffled at the lack of gunfire he returned home and called his buddy who pointed out that the gun opener was the following weekend.  :o :o thats what working too much will do to your mind  :P

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Apr 27, 2011, 04:57:47 PM »
Thanks guys.Was fun thats for sure even with the rain.I wish they would do a youth deer hunt as well.Gets the kids out in the woods before everything has been spooked and you don't have to worry about to many other people in the woods.haha oops definetly worked to much.Got a picture of her and the bird.I'll try to get them up. Looks like a nice weekend should be prime time for sunday

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Apr 28, 2011, 04:47:27 AM »
Thanks guys.Was fun thats for sure even with the rain.I wish they would do a youth deer hunt as well.Gets the kids out in the woods before everything has been spooked and you don't have to worry about to many other people in the woods.

Not to sound like an old grump, but if you're talking about a youth gun season, NY Bowhunters would probably block it.  I still think they fail to see the big picture on the crossbow issue.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Apr 29, 2011, 03:56:37 PM »
Pretty good chance they'd try. I'm all for expanding seasons but in my opinion NY bowhunters are being selfish.This crossbow issue just goes on.... put the crossbows in season for the disabled only.It would get more folks in the woods during archery to enjoy a sport they couldn't take part in before hand.What is the difference if they harvest a deer using a crossbow or firearm regardless you only get so many tags.The youth is the future of the sport if you don't get them into it while they are young there is a good chance they won't become involved.Just my opinion. This wasn't aimed at you chucker throwing a point out there  8) Rough day at work

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal