Author Topic: "Localized Flooding"  (Read 1621 times)

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
"Localized Flooding"
« on: Dec 01, 2010, 02:21:04 PM »
A chill runs up my spine and the blood gets pumping when ever those words are a part of the weather forecast during duck season.  Had a great duck hunt this mornng with some good friends and Tim was behind his shotgun instead of the camera.  Whata ya know he can shoot ducks!  5 of us hunted this morning and we ended the hunt with 16 mallards and a full count of 5 black ducks.  10-20 mph winds with rain changing over to snow.  What a day!!

Didn't get too many pics because of the weather.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: "Localized Flooding"
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2010, 02:50:31 PM »
And we wonder why people think we are crazy...I'm not a duck hunter but that looks like a beautiful day!!
Awesome shots!!

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2010, 02:56:15 PM »
Way to go...great pics and no gloves. I mean this in a good way....You are a sicko....lol...I thought I had it bad...hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2010, 04:53:02 PM »
Sweet.  Your freezer has to be getting pretty full by now.

I was surprised I didn't see any birds working the flooded cornfields around here on the way to/from work today - maybe tomorrow morning.  It switched from rain to chunks around 0930 in Henrietta, and was all the way over to snow by 1000.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline millermankt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2010, 09:44:04 PM »
Awesome pics !!  i see you shot a few banded birds .

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:07:33 AM »
True hunters guys! Nice pics

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »
Way to go...great pics and no gloves. I mean this in a good way....You are a sicko....lol...I thought I had it bad...hunts2long

LOL  yes I is!  8)  For some reason I just can't wear gloves when gunning....just feels un-natural.  I live for days like yesterday.

Talk about what a difference a day makes.  We went back out this morning only about 1 mile from where we went yesterday and hardly saw squat.  To my surprise there was about 16-18 inches of snow on the ground there.  That may have been enough to slightly change the pattern of the birds.  I mean they can fly 10 miles North and have to deal with only 6" of snow.  All we shot today was 1 wood duck and a lot of BULL!  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal