Author Topic: Duck hunting  (Read 2517 times)

Offline TroutKing

• Spiked
Duck hunting
« on: Oct 06, 2005, 10:09:41 AM »
Hello all,

Just writing to find out how any of you are making out with waterfowl this year. I know it's still early, but I am sure some of the diehards have been. I went out last night for the first time this year. I hunted with a buddy on the Androscoggin R. in Livermore. I had a few dekes in, but we were mostly pass shooting. We saw 8 ducks altogether, three mallards, a woodie, and four teal. I think the weather was too hot and sunny for much duck activity. We each got three shots out, but no luck. Well, I definitely have the bug to go more now. I'll be out there on Friday afternoon.

TK

Offline TroutKing

• Spiked
Re: Duck hunting
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2005, 09:12:26 AM »
Well, this past weekend was a good one for me, with respect to duck hunting. On Friday night, 10/7, I was jump shooting at the Basin in North Auburn and shot a beautiful drake wood duck. I will post pics soon. He was in full winter plumage. I also got out on yesterday (10/10) afternoon on the Androscoggin river and got a huge hen mallard, and a hen greenwing teal. They actually landed in my deke spread. I got a motion deke for Christmas last year and it made a huge difference. I had to scare up the two ducks I got yesterday to be ethical. What a day. I'll post pics under this thread soon.

TK

Offline Dogman

• Nubbie
Re: Duck hunting
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2005, 06:49:44 PM »
The first week of duck season was good,added to it was the fact my daughter came out from WA state to visit and we went hunting together.
The second week was different,all the rain gave the birds a wide variety of places to roost and feed so they were well dispersed.
So far I have bagged Wood duck and Teal,no mallards,blacks or geese yet.
Need to change that soon,hopefully the weather will co-operate.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal