Author Topic: Pikeguys Duck season  (Read 3072 times)

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
Pikeguys Duck season
« on: Oct 03, 2005, 07:36:33 AM »
Well how did any of you guys do? Hey TJ, we're probably the only ones hunting this region, but that's alright. lol. Went out Saturday with 5 others and we got 35 birds. 11 mallards, 1 woody, 1 widgeon and 22 teal. I was the only one who went home sober enough Saturday night to get up and hunt Sun. but it paid off. I got one woody and brought down a BANDED honker with a 3" #3 duck load. It was my yellow labs first goose and it beat the heck out of her, but she just shut her eyes and kept swimming :D I was pretty proud of her as I wouldn't have been able to get it if she wasn't there. I'll post some pics soon.
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2005, 09:15:59 AM by Pikeguy »
Adam

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
Re: WI/MN Opener
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2005, 08:40:44 AM »
Congrats!, sounds like you had a great time.  It's always cool for your pooch to get that first retrieve.  It also lets you avoid the dirty looks from your dog if after waiting all summer she has no action the first time hunting.  Unfortunately I still have to wait a few weeks until opening day.
Their comin' right for us!

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
Re: WI/MN Opener
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2005, 10:17:31 AM »
This is her 3rd year hunting. She's been great from day one, but never got a chance at a goose until yesterday ;D They are a lot of work though!
Me and our crew after the opener..We forgot 3 mallards & 1 teal in the boat ::)

Lexi and I after Sun. am

Close up of the goose band

Check out the piece of shot that got stuck right on the eye of this hen mallard :o
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2005, 11:23:26 AM by Pikeguy »
Adam

Offline TJ Bauer

• Forked
  • LIVE LIFE, HUNT, BE SAFE, AND HAVE FUN
Re: WI/MN Opener( & PICS)
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2005, 11:08:31 PM »
We went out both days I was trying a new area looked very good while scouting and looked good right before shooting time but ten minutes early one of the other groups on the lake started shooting and they were not shooting at anything within range the I think were see how high they could shoot. I have never been on a lake where so many people were in the ( MILE HIGH CLUB) so that kind of wrecked the weekend but we ended up with 5 wood ducks, 2 blue wing teal, and 1 hen mallard. But it could have been alot better. there is always next weekend.

Offline DeerHunterTommer

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2005, 04:48:25 PM »
Looks like a good season so far !

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2005, 11:59:48 PM »
 Well awsome job man that is awsome good Shoot'n Tex ;) ;)And great job on the BANDED BIRD!! ;D :o ;D :o.

I went out on my first Goose Hunt A week ago and boy will that memorie be stuck in my head forever there was Thosands of birds and out of three Gunners we got 13 Canada's and 1 Mallard I shot four with A 20.Gauge man it was fun.

There was 3 guys right behind us and they Limited out with 2 BANDED BIRDS!!! :o :oLucky!! ;DWell it was loads of fun!!

Jaymes
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2005, 09:15:22 AM »
Here's a picture of my brother and my dog Lexi with a couple Woodies we shot on Sunday.

Adam

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
Re: Pikeguys Duck season
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2005, 11:30:46 AM »
Got out his weekend and picked up 4 mallards, 1 teal, and a big Honker between 3 of us. Had thick fog, which would have been great had the ducks been around. No pics due to dead camera batteries. I should have a ton of pictures in a couple weeks as I'm going to North Dakota for my annual Snow Goose trip.
Adam

Offline need2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2005, 01:58:39 PM »
Nice pics, good luck with the snow geese.  Out of curiosity what is the bag limit for snow geese in North Dakota?  Out here its 20 daily with 80 in possession.
If it can't get done outdoors, it isn't going to get done!

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2005, 02:15:50 PM »
Idon't know whether it's 20 or 25, but there is no possesion limit. It doesn't much matter since they built dams up in Estevan above the Canadian border. Now the geese don't seem to come down until the last minute and everything in ND is frozen up. I think it's dumb too that you can't take your plug out but they want everyone to kill all the geese thay can. Seems silly that you can't get 2 more rounds off when there's a thousand geese right above you for a few seconds and then they're all gone. Just venting I guess. It's still a blast.
Adam

Offline pintowagon

• Spiked
« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2005, 10:49:21 PM »
Good luck pikeguy in the north Dakota. My friend is in Canada a we speak and the geese are packed there thick yet. He is having a blast...Sounds like they still have the warm weather there yet..That means we wont see much let flying south for a week or two..

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2005, 09:23:16 AM »
Well, there were lots of Snow geese around the area I hunted, but the weather was in the 60's with sun and CALM conditions. The birds would finally get off the refuge around 9:00 and would be back on it for the day by 11. We ended up getting 20 snows and about 30 ducks. We had a good time and killed quite a few beers. I'vegot some good pics, but I won't get them up for a while yet. work is a touch busy after my week off ::)
Adam

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 03, 2005, 02:13:03 PM »
Here are a couple pics I thought were pretty cool. From a real foggy day before I wen't to ND. My brother & I with a honker and a pic of my LAb in the bow of the boat. Pretty crappy cause they're scanned, but whatever.

Adam

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal