Author Topic: opening duck  (Read 4706 times)

Offline nyspike

• 6 Pointer
opening duck
« on: Sep 28, 2010, 05:11:10 AM »
anyone getting ready for the NY northern zone opener this Saturday?
nypike on IS and MFF

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: opening duck
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2010, 06:53:07 AM »
Busy with the bow nyspike....Would like to go with someone that has a dog sometime though. That would be the whole trip for me, to watch the birds come in
and hopefully after some good shooting to watch the dog do it's work. Something about watching a dog work just makes my heart warm.

Offline nyspike

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2010, 06:32:44 PM »
Busy with the bow nyspike....Would like to go with someone that has a dog sometime though. That would be the whole trip for me, to watch the birds come in
and hopefully after some good shooting to watch the dog do it's work. Something about watching a dog work just makes my heart warm.
I dont have a dog, yet.. still trying to convince the other half. but man is it a rush to get those birds cupped and commited and unleash on them
nypike on IS and MFF

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2010, 07:36:59 PM »
If I get lucky, I may make it up to a small lake in St. Lawrence County for 2nd weekend.  Otherwise stuck in the Western Zone waiting a few extra weeks.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2010, 08:46:38 PM »
Yep....taking Friday off from work and heading on up to the Henderson Harbor area for Saturday's opener.  Then home to Clayton to visit with my parents and maybe see if any of my friends have a quick hunt for Sunday morning.  Can't wait to get after the ducks!!

Offline swillerjig

• 6 Pointer
  • Ducks and Bucks
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2010, 11:31:43 AM »
Me and the dog are antsy but i'm in the southern zone i'll have to wait a little longer- however my buddy lives in oswego so I could venture up there but he has never hunted up there or even know where to go, he just moved up there 2 months ago.  Anyways i'll be hooked on quack soon!

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2010, 01:35:09 PM »
Patridge for me this coming Friday and Saturday.  Been seeing a bunch of them at camp in Abbot and I'm looking forward to putting a few in the frying pan.
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline nyspike

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2010, 06:13:32 AM »
48 hours and I am blasting...
nypike on IS and MFF

Offline duck slayer

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2010, 08:35:14 PM »
Me and a buddy would like to get into the ducks this coming weekend (northern opener) looking for any ideas on  places to go or meet up with someone possibly , in return i have very good spots in southern zone i would be willing to bring someone. Good luck to all this season thanks in advance tim

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2010, 08:38:18 PM »
YUP!!  Saturday morning, gonna hit the backsets of a local reservoir.  Use to be strictly Bow until the tags were full, but I've had so much fun with it the past couple years that I'm hooked.  Good Luck guys, Don't forget the camera!

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Oct 02, 2010, 09:28:49 AM »
Hope everyone is having a good morning so far.  I just went out to the garage, and sorted out a bag for next weekend.  Jerk rig, feeding mallards, sleeping mallards, pair of GWT, pair of shovelers for some visibility, and a Canada floater. 
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline scalloper

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Oct 02, 2010, 01:11:16 PM »
Duck hunting opened yesterday here in downeast Maine. Me my son and Riley(lab) went out early this morning and set decoys and ended up with 5 teal,not our limet but not bad.

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #12 on: Oct 04, 2010, 02:52:51 PM »
We had a great Northern Zone opener this past weekend.  We shot 26 on Saturday and 24 on Sunday.  I did take some pics so I will post them up maybe tonight if I get a chance to go thru them all.

Teaser:

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2011, 07:32:03 AM »
that is a nice stringer there haha congrats
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal