Author Topic: moose on the loose  (Read 4346 times)

Offline roscoe

• 6 Pointer
moose on the loose
« on: Sep 04, 2005, 10:49:06 PM »
just thought i'd let everyone drool a little over these pics of a beaty bull moose that i took 20 minutes from home today. this guy was on a mission grunting with every step coming down the shoulder toward my van when i came around a corner. i pulled  over and he just kept coming until he was about 20 yds from me, then he cut across the road and grunted away right past me into the bush!wow 8) notice the ten ft sapling hanging from his horns :) can't say where i saw him though :-X

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
Re: moose on the loose
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2005, 01:42:23 PM »
very nice pics, i bet that got the old adrenaline going :o

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2005, 06:43:59 PM »
Thats what I want to see when I go moose hunting in two weeks.

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2005, 07:03:10 AM »
nice bull. i hope i see one like that in 5 weeks in maine.

Offline roscoe

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2005, 09:35:08 PM »
i forgot to mention that this bull is a prime canada moose in west central manitoba, canada.

Offline MoosemanKris

• 6 Pointer
  • Tight Lines ans Straight Shooting
    • Silvertip Archers
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2005, 02:37:02 PM »
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! That would look might good in my freezer! Getting the old velvet off!! Good luck with that!
KRIS
Bagged to date:
9 grouse
6 squirrels
1 MIA Rabbitt

Offline Terrygonefishing

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2005, 11:35:47 PM »
I shot a moose that size when I was 13 yrs old. Nice to look at but I never wanted to shoot one that big again. Mind you he was very heavy into the rutting activity. I heard him coming in from his heavy breathing not from his calls. Did he ever smell of rut juice when dad & I cleaned him. Quite tough meat. Now I just pass those boys up, and wait for the younger bulls.
Was at a buddies last night having a beer and we looked out his window to see a cow and calf walking thru his yard about 15 yards from the window. He keeps a salt block in his back acre just to see animals. He dosen't hunt or allow anyone to hunt on his property. Goes thru about a block a year. Next time I go there I'm going to bring my camera. Probably illegal but he don't care, he is native.

Offline MoosemanKris

• 6 Pointer
  • Tight Lines ans Straight Shooting
    • Silvertip Archers
« Reply #7 on: Sep 13, 2005, 12:43:15 PM »
Actually it's legal to use salt blocks for ungulates. Can't shoot bears or any type of predators off them but it's completely legal to use salt blocks for deer/moose/elk. Not a lot of people know that.
KRIS
Bagged to date:
9 grouse
6 squirrels
1 MIA Rabbitt

Offline need2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 13, 2005, 02:48:17 PM »
Great pics,  I hope to see something like that when I get out for moose in the future.
If it can't get done outdoors, it isn't going to get done!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal