Author Topic: How many guys are still in the woods........  (Read 2324 times)

Offline 2008Bowtech

• Spiked
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
How many guys are still in the woods........
« on: Dec 22, 2008, 09:09:22 PM »
hey guys just wondering how many of you are still sittin in the woods waiting for that giant whitetail?????  I shot a 130" 8 pointer 2 weeks before the slug season this year with my new Bowtech.........how did you guys do???????

Offline AD

• Forked
Re: How many guys are still in the woods........
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2008, 09:29:35 PM »
I'm still hunting, havnt been able to do much hunting though.     Between work and heading out of town for the holidays I havn't had a lot of free time.   But come next week Ill be in the woods every day for the last week of muzzle-loader.     Would like to put another deer or two in the freezer.    Only luck for myself so far was a doe during early muzzle loader, whom had followed me through the woods.   

Oh and after that I'll do a little squirrel hunting, with the 12 gauge.    Have come across a couple good squirrel spots in my hunting travels in VA this year.     Havnt even got one this year, and last year I was all over them, taking 29, and limiting out on several of the utings.   
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2008, 10:07:37 PM by AD »
....  You can't eat the antlers ....

Offline travo

• Nubbie
  • the south dakota duck doctor
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2008, 06:20:41 AM »
Ive got thru the end of december to arrow a buck, and thru the end of Jan to get a doe.

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2008, 06:36:17 AM »
Closed here in NY

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2008, 10:30:08 AM »
Just started a late two week muzzleloader season here in Maryland. There is also a two day shotgun season in early January. Bow season runs through January 31st. Still lots of season left with a big buck that has been spotted on the property I hunt.
hey guys just wondering how many of you are still sittin in the woods waiting for that giant whitetail?????  I shot a 130" 8 pointer 2 weeks before the slug season this year with my new Bowtech.........how did you guys do???????
Lets see some pics 2008 Bowtech.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2008, 12:36:21 PM »
Still in the wood here....will be all winter coyote hunting.....we killed one this weekend........

Offline BoneHead

• 8 Pointer
  • What a BoneHead!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »
Deer is closed, but I'm coyote hunting now.

Offline 2008Bowtech

• Spiked
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2008, 09:10:43 AM »
here it is..............my first buck with my brand new Bowtech..........shot 2 weeks before the slug opener..........sorry the pic isn't too great my fience was taking the pics in the headlights of our Jeep..........

this is my buck

this is a buck that the guys got on Sunday of opening weekend here in Minnesota.....take a look at the rack the main beam is not round it is completely FLAT......I have never seen anything like this and though it to be pretty sweet..........

There you go guys and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8 on: Dec 25, 2008, 12:30:59 PM »
here it is..............my first buck with my brand new Bowtech..........shot 2 weeks before the slug opener..........sorry the pic isn't too great my fience was taking the pics in the headlights of our Jeep..........

this is my buck

this is a buck that the guys got on Sunday of opening weekend here in Minnesota.....take a look at the rack the main beam is not round it is completely FLAT......I have never seen anything like this and though it to be pretty sweet..........

There you go guys and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Nice buck congrats way to break in the new bow. Merry Christmas to u as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal