Author Topic: Last day of rifle season  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Hoppes

• Nubbie
Last day of rifle season
« on: Nov 27, 2004, 03:56:13 PM »
 :o
Last day of rifle season!  Took a small doe this morning, was hoping Mr. Big was with her but he never materialized.  Oh well, meat for the freezer.  Maybe another hunt or two in the expanded archery zone.  Hope everyone had a great season, deer or not. 
Hoppes

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
Re: Last day of rifle season
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2004, 05:25:06 PM »
I was planning on taking a doe the last few times that I was out, but truth is, I never got into them all this season.  :( I don't have time to get out alot but I always see something that I could shoot - not this year. I think that the turkeys are eating alot of the deer's feed and the deer are changing their habbits. My brother gave me a few packages of his deer meat so I could at least have a taste.  ;D He got a nice 170 lb 8 point while setting about 500 yds from his house.

Offline Hoppes

• Nubbie
Re: Last day of rifle season
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2004, 04:00:58 PM »
Well, depending on where you hunt in Maine, seeing deer is not always a given.  Takes boys from out of state by surprise when they don't see a couple dozen deer every time they go out.  O.k. with me, that's why they call it hunting.  It IS kind of disappointing when you really want some meat for the freezer and are not too concerned about antlers and such.   Next year!   :o  Talk to the meat processors, numbers are down but I believe I heard overall the deer harvest did well this year.  We'll see what the biologists say at the end of the season.
Hoppes

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal