Author Topic: Trail cameras  (Read 3164 times)

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
  • Jigwiggler doesn't really apply here.
Trail cameras
« on: Sep 16, 2004, 05:52:33 PM »
Man I have got to get one of these.  Several of my friends have them and what a great tool they are.  Who has one, what kind would you recommend and how much? 

Here are a few pics my buddy got last week.

Offline Fishboy899

• Spiked
  • Nothing better than bow season!
Re: Trail cameras
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2004, 03:27:33 PM »
Just bought one today I got a Stealth cam for $80. Im going to put it up tomorrow and will let you know how it works hopefully next weekend.

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2004, 08:41:06 AM »
Just bought one today I got a Stealth cam for $80. Im going to put it up tomorrow and will let you know how it works hopefully next weekend.

That is what the picutres above were taken with.  Look pretty good to me.

Offline Fishboy899

• Spiked
  • Nothing better than bow season!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2004, 04:23:09 PM »
Hey PA Bowhunter do you know how high up on the tree he puts his camera.  The directions said to put it 6 ft. up off the round and we thought that was much and put it about 5ft. and didnt get one click and I know deer walked right past it it is all torn up with tracks.

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2004, 08:23:07 AM »
Hey PA Bowhunter do you know how high up on the tree he puts his camera.  The directions said to put it 6 ft. up off the round and we thought that was much and put it about 5ft. and didnt get one click and I know deer walked right past it it is all torn up with tracks.

Fishboy, you'll want to aim it just like you were taking a picture with a regular camera.  It depends on the situation/terrain, in the last pic I posted above the camera was mounted about 12' in the air on a limb and aimed downward in order to get a clear pic.  If the ground is level and clear of brush 3' should be plenty, if the cover is thick you may need to mount the camera higher and aim it down toward the target area.  Good luck!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal