Author Topic: No Deer Yet?  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Darby

• Forked
No Deer Yet?
« on: Nov 03, 2021, 03:00:41 PM »
My first time deer hunting this year,  but surprised no deer posts yet.  Don't do Facebook or other social media. We seem to get one every year out of this tower.

Fallen asleep after Turkey dinner several times....wife doesn't even get nervous anymore :-\

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: No Deer Yet?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2021, 05:55:24 PM »
I got 21 hrs. In the tree in Maine so far and have seen 1 doe :o

Sounds like home, yep! I’ll keep plugging I usually pull something off. This is the only social media I do as well
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline JDK

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2021, 08:30:49 AM »
I also don't participate in any other social media.  So far I have hunted one day and not sure I was even in the same area code as a deer.  I did see 2 partridge and a chipmunk.  It was a trophy chipmunk.  I plan to really get after it starting tomorrow.

My oldest son killed a 190 pound 6 pointer yesterday in Zone 3. 

Offline Darby

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2021, 07:54:04 PM »
So I put my friend I the tower over a food plot, and decided to hu t 100yrds away near a stream.  Watched 2 squirrels Duke it out, literally fell out of the trees like 15 feet, then a partridge try to land in a branch made for a chickadee and fall 10 feet to the ground.  I was surrounded by squirrels for 2 hours, when one was walking around the big rock I was leaning against.  Looked left, and 20 feet away was a doe.  Played the raise a gun an inch, she stared for a minute a dozen times.  Finally got the scope on her, and her shoulder took up the entire scope.  Probably a 25 foot shot.  She went 30 yards and folded up.  Probably the easiest shot I have ever made,  with the most painstaking lead-up of my life.  Good luck everybody.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2021, 07:53:21 AM »
Good eats! Congrats!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Alex Delarge

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2021, 05:45:49 AM »
Less people every year lately. Couple firsts for me this year. Saw a squirrel run across the road carrying a partridge head in its mouth and found a dead bear on a dear trail, no blood or bullet holes. Maybe it ate a bad mushroom? No deer for me yet, saw a spike during archery, no chance.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2021, 05:55:23 AM »
 :o  That’s pretty strange…
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal