Author Topic: Dripper Bottles  (Read 3983 times)

Offline deerme117

• 6 Pointer
Dripper Bottles
« on: Aug 13, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
Anyone use dripper bottles while deer hunting? I have shot some of my biggest deer while bucks were checking out the dripper scent on the ground. I place my drippers over scrapes a few days before opening day.  I find that the bucks are not as nervous while at the dripper location, I even watched one urinate in the scrape that the dripper was hanging over.

Offline SilentStalker

• 8 Pointer
Re: Dripper Bottles
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2007, 01:31:36 PM »
 I have never used dripper bottles nor hunted over mock scrapes before. I have been reading alot about them this summer and would like to give it a try. I have read all sort's of articles where authors say to use doe urine, or buck urine, etc... I actually became more confused as far as what to use. I'm assuming what you use depends ontime of season, early, rut, etc. I am going to Gander Mtn. This weekend and am going to purchase a dripper. Anyone with any suggestions as far as which to buy would be appreciated. Also, as far as the "doctoring", I was thinking of using buck urine early season and doe in estrous during the rut. Does this dound about right? Thanks in advance.

Offline deerme117

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2007, 07:21:17 PM »
I use the Ultimate Scrape-Dripper made by Wildlife Research Center, I got it at K-Mart or Wal-Mart. Make sure the bottle is insulated so the liquid won't freeze.

http://www.wildlife.com/Products/ScentDispensers/ScentDispensersProductDetail/tabid/84/ProductID/18/Default.aspx

When I hunt the bucks are in usually in the rut. I use Tinks 69 Doe In Heat in one dripper bottle over the real scrape I found, and another top brand of doe urine in a second dripper bottle over a scrape I made nearby the real scrape. I figure this way the buck that made the scrape smells two different doe scents and thinks there are two doe in his area ready to breed.

When I am hunting over these scrapes, I also use a doe bleat call.

Over the past five years I have taken a 7 pointer, 10 pointer, and 8 pointer hunting this way ;).

Offline SilentStalker

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2007, 08:11:10 PM »
 Sweet. Thanks for the specifics. I'll give it a whirl and hope to have the success you have had.

Offline Big_Buck_Hunter

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2007, 12:17:14 PM »
How high up do you hang the dripper?  Is it hanging on the licking branch (that the buck will lick or tickle with the antlers) or do you hang it on somethign else?

Offline BoneHead

• 8 Pointer
  • What a BoneHead!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
How high up do you hang the dripper?  Is it hanging on the licking branch (that the buck will lick or tickle with the antlers) or do you hang it on somethign else?

definately not on the overhanging branch. Dont disturb the area if you can help it. Find something around the edge of the scrape.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal