Author Topic: Doubled Up  (Read 4460 times)

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
Doubled Up
« on: Nov 19, 2015, 06:13:32 PM »
Well last Friday was a crazy day in the stand. I took my buddy who I hunted with in the begging of the year till he went on a hiatus and quit his job moved back to NY then took a month long gig filming for backwoods life which is a show on the sportsman channel.   He was contemplating if he should go to Kentucky or back to Maryland to hunt.   After I told him I how I had these two bucks on camera a lot and and if we hunted three days out of this stand chances were good on killing one of them or a couple of the other bucks that would venture by every couple days.

Friday morning when we get in the stand one of the bucks I had on camera a lot the last week was locked down with a hot doe 80 yards away like a dog on a chain just chasing off smaller bucks trying to sneak in.   Watched him for an hour chasing off 5 different bucks till one finslly got in there and chased the doe right by usiwith him behind.

Shot was at 15 yards and the buck went 40 yards and crashed.  We got down gutted him took some pics and saw two little bucks go by so we decided to get back up in the stand. In the stand no longer then 15 mins and I spot another good buck 100 yards out.

He worked his way right in dressing up a scrape in front of us. My buddy took a hard quartering to shot and liver shot him.   Got down and hour later checked things out there was very little blood so we waited another 6 hours before trailing any further then the 50 yards we did.   Trailed him on spotty bloody through 8 ft tall reed grass for 150 yards before we found him dead. He had just died when we found him as he wasn't stiff at all yet.

Got the whole thing on video so hopefully here soon when things slow down I can get the videos out.

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
Re: Doubled Up
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2015, 06:18:38 PM »

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2015, 06:35:55 PM »
Now that's a great day!! Congrats to you both.  8)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2015, 05:40:26 AM »
Awesome! Congrats!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline windwalker

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2015, 10:44:02 PM »
Congrats , beautiful deer , love the pic's

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal