Author Topic: WTH  (Read 1673 times)

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
WTH
« on: Oct 03, 2013, 08:25:53 PM »
so in my stand tonight 530 I think ill blow my fawn bleat call a few times I don't even have it back in my pocket and a doe and fawn run right to the bottom of my stand...well bows still on the hook and call in my hand...both start walking circles around me looking for the fawn so I stand take bow off hook big doe is now 35 coming back to me left to right snap my release on bow shes in thick cover gonna come out at about 20-25 get ready to dawn...doe stops stomps foot and runs back toward where they came from...what the heck just happened?? I hear a stick break behind me so I turn hoping maybe a buck spooked them off and my wife is walking up the dug road so I think ok not so bad cuz she must have gotten a shoot off cuz shes never outa the woods this early...nope she has to potty with an hour and a half of light left...I really think I may shoot her if that happens ever again

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
Re: WTH
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2013, 08:37:46 PM »
Well when you have to go you have to go ::)

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2013, 08:50:32 PM »
Years ago the wife and I lived on a horse farm over in Unadilla NY. I was allowed to hunt one section of the farm while my wife worked there. Well I get a call that where I hunt is an absolute monster chasing these doe in this little wood plot between some fields. Well for 2 hours I am ever so slowly making my way closer. I can see this boone and crocket buck chasing this doe in a circle in the plot. And I mean just a beast of a buck, biggest buck I have EVER seen in my life. All I need is to sneak 20 more yards and then his next pass I have him. All of a sudden I hear and see this truck and horse trailer driving in the field right next to this wood plot. I am thinking what the hell? My wife gets out and lets horses out of the trailer into the field...and the buck and does want no part of it. Last I see is this buck on top of this burm with the sun behind him. I don't know what she was thinking since SHE was the one who called me to tell me that buck was out there! I even told her I was headed out there. To THIS day...I have never forgave her LOL

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2013, 09:06:19 PM »
oh I don't blame you id have the divorce papers in hand and signed...lol

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2013, 11:29:44 PM »
hahahahaha switched shifts for a surprise birthday dinner for mine instead of hitting a certain stand, got a picture of a nice 9 point walking under my stand during the time i would have been there, told her I have my life to shoot nice bucks, but I still bring it up now and again, ill never forget her birthdate thats for sure
Take a Kid outside...

Offline sniperwolf

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2013, 05:18:49 PM »
so in my stand tonight 530 I think ill blow my fawn bleat call a few times I don't even have it back in my pocket and a doe and fawn run right to the bottom of my stand...well bows still on the hook and call in my hand...both start walking circles around me looking for the fawn so I stand take bow off hook big doe is now 35 coming back to me left to right snap my release on bow shes in thick cover gonna come out at about 20-25 get ready to dawn...doe stops stomps foot and runs back toward where they came from...what the heck just happened?? I hear a stick break behind me so I turn hoping maybe a buck spooked them off and my wife is walking up the dug road so I think ok not so bad cuz she must have gotten a shoot off cuz shes never outa the woods this early...nope she has to potty with an hour and a half of light left...I really think I may shoot her if that happens ever again
Build her next blind outa a porta potty!!lol.   ::)

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2013, 07:09:04 PM »
Build her next blind outa a porta potty!!lol.   ::)
haha I think ill pass on that idea but she deff learned her lesson I hope...I got lots of time on the farm to hunt it would just have been nice to tag a big fat doe...she asked me why I even care it was just a doe cuz I get to hunt everyday on the farm I want

Offline NorthvilleNewbie

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2013, 03:21:44 PM »
Funny. Not sure how/why fawn calls work sometime. Granted, I use a distress call, and I think from what you were saying, it was a bleat. I never have any action on calls EVER.

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Oct 06, 2013, 04:02:36 PM »
I never had it happens like that b4... iv used it and had deer show up a few minutes later but to have a doe and fawn to run right to the bottom of my stand was wicked cool

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal