Author Topic: Trail cams - Wildgame Red 2 Enhanced IR or Moultrie Game Spy LX-30IR  (Read 1696 times)

Offline flukeman

• Forked
i am looking at these two cameras, can't justify a higher grade, not my property so I can not control their not being stolen. Anyone have any experience with either model and care to share?

thanks

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
i am looking at these two cameras, can't justify a higher grade, not my property so I can not control their not being stolen. Anyone have any experience with either model and care to share?

thanks

i have heard some stories of issues with the wildgame innovations cameras  ... they are the cheap ones that Dick's sells i believe.

Offline oneshott

• 6 Pointer
Probably safer with Moultrie.  I'm a member on another forum and have also seen a big pile of bad reports about wgi

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
I 've owned 3 moultries and they are great,still work great with good battery life,,1 got stolen,,,I also owned 3 wildgame cams,,none work and never got more than 1 year out of one,,they suck.....

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
never owned either but like said above id go with Mountie i have heard lots of bad report about wildgame on other forums

Offline Stinginglips

• 6 Pointer
  • I love a nice rack
my wild game cam is awesome, I love it. I use the micro red 5 though.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!

I'd check into the Bushnell trophy cam got 2 of them  ; Had one go bad last year sent it back got it back in 7 day's
   no ??'s asked 7 it was my fault for not switching the sensitivity level from low to high Cabala's got them for $116.00
   during there Anniversary sale till the 22nd ....

Offline flukeman

• Forked
Thanks guys, appreciate the input. I wish I felt more comfortable buying a more expensive model, but would be pissed if someone stole them.

Offline sniperwolf

• Spiked
There are alot of good cams out there at a wide range of prices but for your dollar I've found wildgame innovation cams are hard to beat. I also have a couple stealth cams and love them but they get pricey too. Its a matter of personal choice and wallet size.

Offline rabbittrapper

• Forked
The wild game innovation are good but have to be careful when setting them. You have to place them facing away from the sun otherwise you will get all white pics.

Offline tubeslinger

• 8 Pointer
Re: Trail cams - Wildgame Red 2 Enhanced IR or Moultrie Game Spy LX-30IR
« Reply #10 on: Sep 26, 2013, 09:26:06 PM »
From what i have seen and read i would would go with Moultrie. They seem to be more reliable but as far as pic quality i would say Wildgame.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal