MHF US Northeast > Hunting Virginia
Anyone?
(1/3) > >>
AD:
    Are there any VA hunters on here?     
treed942000:
Hey AD,

I be here.  Only been dove hunting this year.  How 'bout you?  What area you in?  I'm in NVA.

Best of Luck,
Troy
AD:

--- Quote from: treed942000 on Oct 21, 2008, 05:34:40 PM ---Hey AD,

I be here.  Only been dove hunting this year.  How 'bout you?  What area you in?  I'm in NVA.

Best of Luck,
Troy

--- End quote ---

I'm down in the SW portion.   I live in Marion.     
    Hunting has been a bit of a bust this year, had a few does in range for bow season but nothing ever worked out.      Havnt seen anything yet during muzlle loader, but have only been out once last saturday.   
treed942000:
AD

Hopefully your luck has changed.  Went home to Iowa for 2 weeks.  It was very slow there also, only 2 pheasants which is unusual.  To many crops still in the field.

On a good note, I got my first Gobbler.  We'll be eating good this Thanksgiving.
AD:

--- Quote from: treed942000 on Nov 14, 2008, 03:59:52 PM ---AD

Hopefully your luck has changed.  Went home to Iowa for 2 weeks.  It was very slow there also, only 2 pheasants which is unusual.  To many crops still in the field.

On a good note, I got my first Gobbler.  We'll be eating good this Thanksgiving.

--- End quote ---

Congrats on the first gobbler.   
     Well, I got lucky, and I mean it.     
       Last Monday was a doe day in Whyth County, so I headed up to Crawfish national forrest, I hunt there a fair amount.      Hiked in a ways and then headed of fto the side up the mountain, stopped to take a breather in an okay looking spot and a doe came out the trail following me and the buddy I was hunting with.      She came out the trail about 30 seconds after we had.    She spotted us but just kept on walking towards us, she ended up turning broadside at 29 yards and I put her down with my muzzleloader.      Shot her at 7:25 AM, and me adn my buddy (I had rode with him) never saw another deer all day.    And Tuesday we hunted all day in a different national forrest and never saw a thing.      All in all we covered over 10 miles on foot and never once jumped a single deer.     Its been slow this year.     
     Also ended up getting a road kill doe that was hit right in front of wher eI work and was nicely tagged and put down by a trooper.     
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version