Author Topic: Blackpowder Revolvers  (Read 2808 times)

Offline quigleysharps4570

• Nubbie
Blackpowder Revolvers
« on: Sep 08, 2012, 02:21:08 PM »
Curious to see how many here shoot the ole blackpowder revolvers? I've owned a handful over the years but only have a couple left...the 1860 Army by Pietta and the 1861 Navy by Uberti. The Uberti is my favorite and it's sent many critters to their maker...dillo's, rabbits and snapping turtles.  ;)
Ole kyhareraiser I know you shoot one so you better chime in.  :)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
Re: Blackpowder Revolvers
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2012, 06:32:44 AM »
I've pondered getting one, but if my understand is correct, here in NY they are legal until you have the implements to fire them.  So once you've got cap, powder, and ball, you need it on your pistol permit, and I don't have a permit yet.   ::)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2012, 06:39:18 AM »
I've pondered getting one, but if my understand is correct, here in NY they are legal until you have the implements to fire them.  So once you've got cap, powder, and ball, you need it on your pistol permit, and I don't have a permit yet.   ::)

That's true

Peddler  8) 8) 8)
Peddler

Offline quigleysharps4570

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2012, 08:30:32 AM »
Hate to hear that Chucker...no such thing of that here. ;)

Offline chris338378

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2012, 10:18:32 PM »
I want to get one, a 1858 Remington, and have it converted to be an exact match to the one Clint Eastwood used in Pale Rider.  All the ones I've seen have a slightly different frame on the bottom right, they have what looks like a tube going through it where the one Clint used is concaved.

Offline flintlokusa

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2012, 06:53:13 PM »
I have a few, but the only one I have been shooting is a Navy Arms, Lemat. I haven't shot the 20 gauge center barrel yet, still getting  things together for that. I can say its a blast to fire 9 shots out of a blackpowder revolver
Keep Your Powder Dry and Flint Sharp

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal