Hunting by Game/Technique > Bird Hunting
Two dog hunt
(1/3) > >>
tundraboy:
This morning I figured I would take both dogs out. We went to a new spot that is pretty easy walking for my old dog. Its very flat and just a nice place to be able to watch them work. The birds were thick (woodcock) but very jumpy. We hunted for about an hour and a half and they pointed 15 birds. I forgot how awesome it is to watch 2 dogs working there magic. Heres a few pics hope you enjoy.

The two of them on point together

If you look in the top right hand corner you can see Jesse. He reset himself a half dozen times.  It ended up being a hen pheasant that ummm I forgot to put one in the chamber.

This is my favorite time of the year, and to be able to get Jesse on a few birds just made my season. Last year he broke my heart, he just stopped hunting in one of his favorite covers and I thought it was his way of saying dad im tired and cannot do this anymore. I tried taking him a few more times and he just stayed with me. He will be back in action next week. It will take him a while to recover after today. He has not left his couch since we got home. Damm I love my dogs.
Raquettedacker:
Great times with a good old friend.... ;D
drobertsinMaryland:
Thats great thanks for posting. Congrats on the birds
tcfish:

Nice pics.. Congrats on the birds too.
L2 HUNT:
Very nice to see he was able to make the trip out, they really love to get out and work for us.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version