Author Topic: weird things found/seen while hunting  (Read 52558 times)

buzzbomb

Re: weird things found/seen while hunting
« Reply #30 on: Dec 07, 2005, 04:31:52 PM »
As a matter of fact I did.  He was about a 3 1/2 yr old... no prize winner but a decent representative whitetail.

Offline FarginIcehole

• Nubbie
« Reply #31 on: Oct 17, 2006, 08:04:40 AM »
in 1999 i sat in my bowstand and at about 5.00pm a nice little 7 pointer came in broad side, head down, slam dunk right??? well i shot low and he ran away. i hunted till dark and went to my car, drove 1/2 mile down the road and killed him with my bumper. Fargin

Offline SDpheasant

• Forked
« Reply #32 on: Oct 22, 2006, 10:29:40 PM »
today I was out driving around I was going down this gravel road and out of the corner of my eye on the side of the road is thought I had seen a drake mallard tossed on the road so I turn around to see if it really was when I got closer to it I seen that it was a drake mallard so I pulled up to it to take a look and when I got about five feet away from it, it turned it's head and looked up at me. scared the crap out of me because it is -3 degrees it should have been dead or gone south. so I got out of my truck and walked up to it. It tried to get away from me but it was froze to the road. Duck season is closed so I was thinking what should I do. It looked pretty bad it had gotten shot. So I peeled it of the road and brought it into the ditch and took it out of it's misery. But to see a bird on the road two weeks after everything is froze up and it be alive when you walk up to it thats not normal.

just wondering how far north are u? i live in southeast south dakota and im waiting for the canadian mallards to get down here : )

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #33 on: Oct 23, 2006, 10:06:21 AM »
Ok this happened to me this past saturday. I was hunting our farm in a stand near our border. I can see our field and the field on the land below us. I was watching 3 doe in our field when around 6:20 in the evening, prime time for deer activity, I hear a diesel motor coming up the hill towards the field below me. Sure enough a black pick up drives through the tractor opening below me. This scares the three doe in my field up the hill. the pickup truck stops as soon as it gets in the field and 2 guys wearing bluejeans and flannel jackets get out. They leave the truck running and the doors open and for 15 minutes they stand by the truck talking and staring up at our land. Then they get back in the truck and leave. By now it is dark. Talk about killing some good hunting time.  >:( It was very bizarre.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline DeerReaver

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #34 on: Oct 23, 2006, 11:49:24 AM »
I was hunting a ridge on Saturday (10/21/06) when I hear some noise on the downhill side...coming towards me.  GREAT...I slowly turn into position as the heart starts pumping faster, when I realize I hear voices talking in the SAME direction.  From 50-60 yards away, I hear these two yahoo's "stalking" a big buck...when they get 15 yards away from me...the lead guy looks up (yeah...like a deer is in the trees) and seeing me, nearly jumped 3 ft. backwards.  He quickly turns around and starts heading back the direction they came from...talking loudly the entire way.  It's was about an hour before sunset (perfect time for deer movement) and these two "bow hunters" cleared the area of any wildlife!!  Doubt they're successful hunters...in ANY season!!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #35 on: Oct 23, 2006, 12:00:45 PM »
I hope they weren't stalking your tree stand in order to harvest it.  :P
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline keva

• Nubbie
« Reply #36 on: Oct 30, 2006, 09:03:15 PM »
Ok this happened to me this past saturday. I was hunting our farm in a stand near our border. I can see our field and the field on the land below us. I was watching 3 doe in our field when around 6:20 in the evening, prime time for deer activity, I hear a diesel motor coming up the hill towards the field below me. Sure enough a black pick up drives through the tractor opening below me. This scares the three doe in my field up the hill. the pickup truck stops as soon as it gets in the field and 2 guys wearing bluejeans and flannel jackets get out. They leave the truck running and the doors open and for 15 minutes they stand by the truck talking and staring up at our land. Then they get back in the truck and leave. By now it is dark. Talk about killing some good hunting time.   It was very bizarre.

Any chance they knew you were up there, and came just to ruin your hunt. Wouldn't put it past anyone. We have a stand border on our property that a guy doesn't like us hunting out of, he has talked to us about it and knows it is legal. Would not be surprised if he would purposely ruin our hunt.  He has cut the line to lift our bows and rifles up to the stand and there are 4 posted no trespassing signs on the tree, nothing you can do but laugh and shoot a five point out of it ;D.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #37 on: Oct 31, 2006, 07:36:58 AM »
Any chance they knew you were up there, and came just to ruin your hunt. Wouldn't put it past anyone. We have a stand border on our property that a guy doesn't like us hunting out of, he has talked to us about it and knows it is legal. Would not be surprised if he would purposely ruin our hunt.  He has cut the line to lift our bows and rifles up to the stand and there are 4 posted no trespassing signs on the tree, nothing you can do but laugh and shoot a five point out of it ;D.
Last year my dad was hunting the same stand when a pick up truck drove into the same field and parked right next to our border. The guy got out of the truck and started putting hunting clothes on. As he was putting his hunting suit on he was looking around and noticed my dad in the same tree stand. He then took his hunting jacket off, put on a carhartt, grabbed a chainsaw out of the back of the truck, and walked over to a dead tree near our property but still on the horsefarm's, and started to cut the tree down. My dad went over to talk to him and the guy was all like, I did n't know anyone hunted here.I'm just cutting fire wood.  Ruined my dad's hunt for the morning and the idiot got the tree stuck on to another one. 1 year later and the tree is still there.

Offline buddah

• Spiked
« Reply #38 on: Oct 31, 2006, 01:16:18 PM »
25 pot plants ready for harvest.  :o

Offline okcoonhunter

• Nubbie
« Reply #39 on: Nov 16, 2006, 02:05:02 PM »
I am looking for coon hunter around oklahoma city

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #40 on: Nov 16, 2006, 02:22:19 PM »
I am looking for coon hunter around oklahoma city

Try posting under your state instead of here. You might get a better response.

Offline zooker

• Spiked
« Reply #41 on: Nov 17, 2006, 07:08:56 PM »
umm walked up to a buck in the middle of the road it acted drunk. and i killed it with a ball bat-it was deer season-..

zooker

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #42 on: Nov 18, 2006, 05:24:50 PM »
That post sounds like someone other than than the deer has been drinking.  ??? ??? :-\
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2006, 05:29:45 PM by Out4Trout »

Offline zooker

• Spiked
« Reply #43 on: Nov 18, 2006, 06:22:41 PM »
no trout
i was returning from a night out with my girl in her car -no gun- she stopped the deer was standing in the middle of the road. i got out opened the trunk pulled out her ball bat. and wacked it twice.. line drive to the head twice. called my pop and bro it was like 5 am they come and got the deer. i had to change clothes before dressing out the deer-actually my girlfriend did that but still.   

i thought this deer was recently hit in the road. but upon skinning the deer out it was in a fight with a big buck. that punched it in the lung and left a 4" tine lodged in its rib cage.

zooker

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #44 on: Nov 18, 2006, 08:18:33 PM »
Well I have to say, that's the first time I've ever heard of someone dropping a deer with a baseball bat. Has any team signed you up yet?  ;D Hope he was good eating. Now why couldn't I have found a girl like that? My kids all love deer meat, but my wife isn't crazy about it.  ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal