Author Topic: Picture posting instructions (in case you forgot how)  (Read 6225 times)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Picture posting instructions (in case you forgot how)
« on: Sep 14, 2014, 05:11:08 PM »
New way to post pictures on here:
https://www.myhuntingforum.com/hunting_forum/index.php?topic=12329.msg231559#new

Old way of posting pictures:

Picture Posting Instructions;(from rgfixit with a few modifications)

Your photos must be stored online in order to post them.

You can open a free account with  www.photobucket.com, www.myfishingpictures.com, or www.hunt101.com

The following instructions are for photobucket account members:

To add an Avatar picture to your account...

1st - resize the picture you want to a maximum of 120 x 120 pixels on your computer.
2nd - open up another window to photobucket and upload that photo to your photobucket account.
3rd - Left click on "Direct Link" for that picture (this will copy the photo info)
4th - Open your Iceshanty "profile", then click on "forum profile information" and paste the address to the "I have my own picture" box and check that box. .
5th - Then click on the "change profile" button on the bottom right of that page.
Your avatar should now be displayed in all your posts. You can change your avatar at any time

To post pictures to the site...

1. Upload your pictures to your photobucket account.
2. Resize any pictures you'd like to post to a maximum of 400x600 pixels. Larger pictures distort the forum page and take longer to load. This can be done easily in Photobucket using the "Edit" options.
3. Open your photobucket album and find the photo you want to add. Click on the picture you want and then you will see "Image Links" on the right side of the page.  Put your mouse cursor over the  "IMG Code" and left click your mouse. (this will copy the photo info)
 4. Go to your post you want to add it to on iceshanty.com, right click and "paste" the info.
(if you copy the image code, it already has the "img" tags on the address and no further action is needed.)

For other photo storage sites that don't install the "img" codes onto your photo addresses, you'll have to add them manually.

The "Add BBC tags:" tool bar is at the top of every message dialog below the "Subject" dialog box and the "Message icon". In the lower row, click on the 2nd icon from the left...the "Insert Image" icon(it looks like a small picture).

The command [ img][/img] will appear in your text message.
Paste the address of your picture between the commands like this;
[ img]paste your image location here [ /img]
Be sure not to add any spaces or other characters.

Preview your post to be sure your picture is there and then choose post.

« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2017, 02:14:38 PM by adkRoy »
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
Re: Picture posting instructions (in case you forgot how)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2014, 07:24:23 PM »
Okay I have done this for years, but can't seem to make it work now. I can't seem to get it to work. I have copy and pasted each one of them and none work for the Signature pics!! HELP PLEASE!!  :-\

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2014, 05:26:54 AM »
Okay I have done this for years, but can't seem to make it work now. I can't seem to get it to work. I have copy and pasted each one of them and none work for the Signature pics!! HELP PLEASE!!  :-\

Hey Adam,  Did you resize the pic?  That was always my biggest problem when posting into my signature block. 
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2014, 08:47:18 AM »
Got it. The IMG code that you copy and paste, when you paste it, you have to delete the info after the [/img] piece!!  :-\

Offline BowHunterDan

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2014, 11:46:37 AM »
Thanks adkRoy & rgfixit. I saved this post to favorites so hopefully, I don't have any problems posting pictures. :)
Mission Craze 65#, Victory VForce 350, Muzzy MX 3 100g.
Remington 600, .308 Win.
Ruger Blackhawk .41 Mag

Offline Bob F

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2014, 02:27:12 PM »
can seem to get this to work for team logo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal