Author Topic: FREE KITTENS  (Read 8020 times)

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
FREE KITTENS
« on: Sep 15, 2004, 07:12:56 AM »
Its not hunting related but it drives me crazy. Drove by 3 signs in the last couple dyas that say FREE KITTENS.

If its a stray litter well I can't say anything but for people to have cats and not get them fixed and the solution is to put up a sign that says FREE KITTENS really bugs the sh!t out of me. Very irresponsible.

Jon

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
Re: FREE KITTENS
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2004, 10:17:42 PM »
Yeah, you're telling me. Look in the pet section of your Pennysaver, or whatever you get. This week there was 17 Free kitten adds.

-Zach

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
  • Jigwiggler doesn't really apply here.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2004, 01:03:46 PM »
Yeah, but they make great coyote bait!! ;D

Offline Polar

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2004, 05:27:02 PM »
No Chinese Restaurants out by you?

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2004, 08:49:51 AM »
I like cats...My cat got run over by a car yesterday. He lived but the vet bill is $600 and he will not have a tail anymore. I also have paid on two seperate occasions $700. So this cat is a $2,000 cat. He is part of the family, I have three cats total and a dog. I love them all the same and am responsible and pay for there care.

It just bugs me that people can not take care of there animals. To put out a sign saying free kittens is not the solution. Being responsible is a novel idea. Common sense surrenders yet again.

Jon

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2004, 08:15:52 PM »
In my opinion, there is only one reason to have a cat fixed for reproductive reasons.  That is, if you have a male and female cat living in the same house.  Otherwise, there should be no way for a female cat to become pregnant.  A cat should be indoors, penned, or leashed at all times, period.  As BSJ said, take responsibility for your animal.  Here's a pretty good link:

http://www.thepetcenter.com/imtop/speaker3.html

kc17

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2004, 01:58:56 AM »
I loved the coyote bait idea, that sounds good, but I don't have access to an unlimited supply of cats, imagine, thats better than one of those animated rabbits, and it doesn't harm the cat, because your supposed to shoot the coyote first,  rabbit squeal then shoot, just an idea

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
  • Jigwiggler doesn't really apply here.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2004, 07:01:53 AM »
I like cats...My cat got run over by a car yesterday. He lived but the vet bill is $600 and he will not have a tail anymore. I also have paid on two seperate occasions $700. So this cat is a $2,000 cat. He is part of the family, I have three cats total and a dog. I love them all the same and am responsible and pay for there care.

It just bugs me that people can not take care of there animals. To put out a sign saying free kittens is not the solution. Being responsible is a novel idea. Common sense surrenders yet again.

Jon

Jon,
     For the life of me I can't see why you would spend $2000 on a cat when there are free kittens signs up all over.  Yes we all get attached to our pets but there comes a time when you have to control your emotions and not let them take over you mind and wallet!!  It really bothers me to see people wasting money like that on animals when there are children in our country that can't get the medical attention they need.  Yes I do believe common sense has surrendered yet again.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 10:31:08 AM »

that was my first thought when i seen this thread

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2005, 01:14:27 PM »

that was my first thought when i seen this thread

how about bait \ for big northerns and muskies
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal