Author Topic: Team Grumpy Hunters (team 3)  (Read 35940 times)

Offline bone_and_beard

• 6 Pointer
Re: Team Grumpy Hunters (team 3)
« Reply #30 on: Sep 20, 2016, 07:51:52 PM »
Nothing today. I've had good luck hunting foggy days like today but I think it is just to warm, sat until 8:30 and help my buddy blood trail a doe he hit last night.

Online joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #31 on: Sep 20, 2016, 08:02:34 PM »
crap,,I have to get my climbers out this week..I'm starting to group now at 20 yards,,getting better.......

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #32 on: Sep 20, 2016, 08:09:23 PM »
Its coming fast Joe. I got to get stands up too. To much going on this year. House is going in, in the next month and the boy is getting born mid October. Running out of time
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #33 on: Sep 23, 2016, 07:54:58 PM »
FINALLY back to the stand tomorrow!! Been a very long and busy 2 weeks!!  :o

Offline bone_and_beard

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #34 on: Sep 26, 2016, 04:17:29 PM »
I've been hard at it just can't close the deal, had 3 does at 50 yards Friday just a little out of my comfort zone. I thought this morning was a sure thing, 33 degrees and dead calm but I never saw a deer.

Offline Buckfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #35 on: Sep 28, 2016, 05:24:36 AM »
I haven't been around the page on a while. But let's have a good season and put some numbers on the board. Good luck to all
- Buckfish

Offline bone_and_beard

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #36 on: Sep 28, 2016, 10:05:43 PM »
Haven't been out the last few days due to work. I've got a good feeling about tomorrow morning and I hit 50 bucks on a scratch ticket today so my luck is turning around!

Offline CParsons

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #37 on: Sep 29, 2016, 09:10:40 AM »
Ill be out Saturday morning for the opener her in Michigan. Hope some of the smaller bucks i was seeing last year are still around and make an appearance. Im pretty stoked that the farmer has soy beans in this year. I always see way more deer since they don't  have the cover of the corn and travel the woods a lot more. Good luck to everyone else!

Offline bone_and_beard

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #38 on: Sep 29, 2016, 03:26:52 PM »
Had a doe an fawn around me for 20 min this morning. The fawns have grown a lot since the last time they were in bow range 3 weeks ago. I would have arrowed the larger doe that was with them but she never gave me a shot that I liked. I'll be out tomorrow morning and night and Saturday night. Good luck guys lets get an arrow in one!

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #39 on: Sep 29, 2016, 08:27:37 PM »
Good luck to all................this Grumpy SOB is heading to camp tomorrow night. Will be out all day Sat and again Sunday morn.
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #40 on: Sep 30, 2016, 07:55:11 AM »
Managed to get back out last night. Had a early spring birth fawn go by at about 20 yards. Passed on it. While sitting there I could hear bleating behind me so I decided to hit the bleat can. Well I got a response. Grunts. I was like great, BUCK!! I hit  the can a few more times. Grunt, grunt, grunt. At first I thought it might have been another hunter, but then it started to move towards me. It was coming in on my right so I had to stand up and turn that way. Have not practiced a lot of standing shots from stands, so it felt a little awkward. But I seen it coming, drew my bow. Thinking buck the whole way I was surprised to see a mature doe, (I think). So I bleated at it to stop it. Placed my pin and released. Missed low and to the right, near the lower edge of the stomach towards the back leg. OH CRAP! What did I do? Flinch? So I sit out the last 30 minutes and get down to check the arrow. Grazed her. Only fat glaze on the arrow, no blood or paunch.  But I was missing a fletch. So after meeting up with a buddy of mine. We figured I may have nocked my arrow upside down!! :-/ What a terrible feeling. But I'm glad she/him will live another day.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #41 on: Sep 30, 2016, 08:37:30 AM »

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #42 on: Sep 30, 2016, 01:48:07 PM »
Glad you got a pretty clean miss. Scuffed a nice 6 the other night. Those straight down sharp angle shots are brutal. Thought for sure I spinned him. After 4 hours of tracking and 2 spots of blood I believe he's still running. Awesome! Fits this team well
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #43 on: Oct 02, 2016, 09:34:21 PM »
Points for the team

Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #44 on: Oct 03, 2016, 06:38:02 AM »
Congratulations Vman..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal