Author Topic: Hunting wear...  (Read 1751 times)

Offline gunner1

• Spiked
Hunting wear...
« on: Dec 02, 2005, 11:29:27 AM »
So, what do you guys wear to stay warm while on stand on those cold mornings? Do you prefer one piece overalls or the parka and bibs combo?

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
Re: Hunting wear...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2005, 11:49:58 AM »
This year I've been wearing the Columbia outfitter wool, and I love it! I wear the hooded jacket with the pants.  The pants are heavy, so I use suspenders to hold them up.  I also have a Woolrich jacket that I wear with Gander Mountain 3-layer Guide Series pants, but only when things are a little more green (bow season or North Country rifle)...

-Zach

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2005, 01:31:42 PM »
I go with the bibs and jacket. I wear wool pants underneath and 2 sets of long johns. I also have a polar fleece vest that I can plug into a battery pack in my pocket for those really cold windy days.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Robb

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »
I have a nice Woolrich camo jacket for just sitting and wool pants with suspenders, when doing drives with the gang I have a lighter wool jacket.

Robb
2010 ADK 14 PT

Offline Dr. IceGeek

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2005, 07:40:59 PM »
I bought a set of the Cabelas MT050 extreme cold weather stuff with gore tex and some serious insulation.  Pricey, but I can sit all day in the stuff...my feet are the only things that get a little chilly at times.....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal