Author Topic: Been wanting to post in Off-topic but its locked, Part II.  (Read 175436 times)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
Re: Been wanting to post in Off-topic but its locked, Part II.
« Reply #15 on: Mar 22, 2013, 06:58:56 PM »
My cousin Navin R. ;D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOTDn2A7hcY

That clip has been a running joke at work for the longest time.  It used to be that temps didn't get their name on the phone list, but perm hires were all on there.  Once a month the new list would come out, and my friend and I would point out the new additions to the list when people got hired full time - I'm somebody!   8)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #16 on: Mar 22, 2013, 07:01:47 PM »
            It'll be close Dom, you might be pushing ice chunks out of the way to be able to fish. ::)

Wouldnt be the first time we couldnt get to the north bay..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #17 on: Mar 22, 2013, 07:22:25 PM »

Gov. Cuomo and Anti-Gun Legislators Admit SAFE ACT Mistakes - But Continue Assault On Lawful Gun Owners

NRA Files Legal Challenge in Court

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) and state legislative leaders have now publicly admitted mistakes in their rush to pass what is arguably the worst gun control law in the country – the SAFE ACT. After intense public pressure, the state’s chief executive and lawmakers discussed including amendments to the SAFE Act this week during the state budget negotiations. Specifically, much of the focus was on the seven-round magazine limit. However, the prospects for making the law more lenient disappeared when a rough budget agreement was reached this week. Many of the provisions of the SAFE Act are set to take effect April 15.

Even after acknowledging the flaws in this overreaching gun control law, Cuomo appears determined to continue his assault on law-abiding gun owners. Just this week, a toll-free “tip line” was launched that enables any person with a phone the ability to initiate an investigation on any unwitting gun owner. This state program was outlined in a letter sent out on March 19 by the Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS). Upon receiving a tip from “an anonymous tipster," the State Police will route the information to the appropriate police agency in order to initiate an investigation. The tipster, who can remain completely anonymous, is entitled to a taxpayer-funded reward of $500 when an arrest is made in connection with their tip. 

Placing a bounty on gun owners for simply exercising their constitutional rights is an extreme abuse of power - and a reckless and wasteful misuse of taxpayer monies.  Cuomo would do better to serve the people of New York by using those “bounty” funds to actually catch, prosecute and punish violent criminals.

Cuomo has turned a deaf ear to the thousands of New Yorkers who have protested the SAFE ACT.  Dozens of county legislatures have now passed resolutions condemning the Draconian gun law.  In fact, 52 counties (of New York’s 62 counties) have either passed or have pending, a resolution opposing the SAFE ACT.

This week also saw the NRA and its state association, The New York State Rifle and Pistol Association (NYSRPA), file a complaint in the United States District Court for the Western District of New York challenging the SAFE Act.  The NRA will continue to stand by its members in New York and push for repeal of this unconstitutional law, and will continue to actively support litigation that challenges the SAFE Act. 

Please continue to follow NRA-ILA Legislative Alerts for updates.

Write your RepsGet InvolvedRegister to VoteContibute
Please do not reply to this email as you will not receive a response. This email is a broadcast email generated by an automated system. To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683. Address: 11250 Waples Mill Road Fairfax, Virginia 22030 In order to ensure you receive NRA-ILA email alerts in a timely manner, please adjust your SPAM settings to accept bulk emails from [email protected] and [email protected] domains. Otherwise, there is a possibility that our email alerts will not make it to your inbox. 

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #18 on: Mar 22, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »
Lurking on a forum that you had been regularly posting on is like walking into your neighborhood bar where you know everyone and sitting silent at the end of the bar.

Starting a thread on a forum you no longer contribute to for the sole purpose of annoying someone is ........... :-\
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: Mar 22, 2013, 08:27:22 PM »
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Mar 22, 2013, 08:31:56 PM »
Looks like you have to sight that in, it is off by a lot...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline Swampdonkey

• Spiked
« Reply #21 on: Mar 22, 2013, 08:34:55 PM »
Eh just drop it at the bow shop three days before the season.....you will be good with pie plate groups at 20.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2013, 08:46:05 PM »
Really, you guys come here just to annoy people? I don't get it. :-\

Did the same thing last week. ???
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Mar 22, 2013, 08:51:45 PM »
 ??? ??? Just because you don't like what we post it is annoying...we don't like your post either but we didn't say anything... ??? :-\  Can you re-post that skin crawling pic you had...?  ???
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline Swampdonkey

• Spiked
« Reply #24 on: Mar 22, 2013, 08:55:06 PM »
When the groundblind is a rockin someone is putting their ............. in

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: Mar 23, 2013, 01:10:05 PM »
Back to the humor.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WJXHY2OXGE

Stop the torture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSe38dzJYkY

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2013, 03:27:34 PM by CAPTJJ »
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #26 on: Mar 23, 2013, 10:05:17 PM »
This is my all time favorite MP skit ;D.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ba1OKY7Xc

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #27 on: Mar 23, 2013, 10:21:22 PM »
Got a letter from the Workers Compensation Board today. Really have mixed opinions on it, but I guess I have to agree to it (doing so they will send me a check/checks). I had left it open with my doctor because I don't know what the long term effects will be. I guess he had to submit a report to them so he gave them the percentage we had talked about. He told me he had to put a number on it, now I guess I know why.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #28 on: Mar 23, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
Made a post on the shanty. ;D Not going to take crap from people, lucky I didn't tell it how it was the first time.  Do you guys have something intelligent and a hunting related to post to share?
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2013, 10:34:47 PM by drobertsinMaryland »

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: Mar 23, 2013, 11:05:12 PM »
This is my all time favorite MP skit ;D.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ba1OKY7Xc
"His best friend is a tree."  ;D

Here's a short classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCwLirQS2-o
Hybrid longbow in hand.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal