Author Topic: Sad day to be a New Yorker ....  (Read 52811 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Sad day to be a New Yorker ....
« Reply #240 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:44:17 PM »

Piers Morgan TonightVerified
‏@PiersTonight
The mayor of Ilion, NY, home to the Remington gun factory. His #gunsinamerica perspective should be interesting    9pm  on CNN

Guns in America: The conversation continues
Coming up this evening at 9, Piers Morgan continues the conversation on gun control and firearm legislation, welcoming an array of experts from both sides of the debate, including New York Police...

"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #241 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:54:02 PM »

Piers Morgan TonightVerified
‏@PiersTonight
The mayor of Ilion, NY, home to the Remington gun factory. His #gunsinamerica perspective should be interesting    9pm  on CNN

Guns in America: The conversation continues
Coming up this evening at 9, Piers Morgan continues the conversation on gun control and firearm legislation, welcoming an array of experts from both sides of the debate, including New York Police...

All that bullc@#p about it working in England is just that Bullc@#p....
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/12/28/will-banning-guns-stop-homicides-stats-from-england-and-australia-show/

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #242 on: Jan 29, 2013, 04:11:54 PM »
Three states trying to lure Remington Arms out of Ilion.... >:( >:(
Its been in the same building for 197 years.....
http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Three-states-trying-to-lure-Remington-Arms-out-of-Ilion-188897361.html   
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #243 on: Jan 29, 2013, 07:55:54 PM »
Pier pot should have Ted nugent on ,he aint got the BALLS....!!!!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #244 on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:04:34 PM »

Lawsuit filed against NY!

ALBANY — The state Rifle and Pistol Association filed a notice of legal claim Tuesday against New York for its new gun-control law, saying it violates residents’ “fundamental constitutional rights to lawfully possess, keep, bear and use firearms for self-defense and other lawful purposes.”

The notice of claim is the first step in filing a lawsuit against the state. The lawsuit would have to be filed in 90 days.

The plaintiffs in the lawsuit include the Westchester County Firearms Owner’s Association and AR15.Com LLC, a gun website based in Farmington, Ontario County.

The seven-page notice, filed in Albany with the state Attorney General’s Office, charges that there are a number of reasons why the new law is unconstitutional. It claims that the law, passed Jan. 15, violates interstate travel with a lawfully possessed firearm, criminalizes and bans the possession of certain firearms and ammunition and impacts private businesses.

The notice said that the law, called the NY-SAFE Act, “was passed and is being continuously enforced with the ongoing tortious intent to harass, harm, impede, interfere with, disrupt, interrupt, and/or destroy the present and future business and commercial activities” of gun owners and businesses.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo has defended the measure, and he said Tuesday that it will keep New Yorkers safe after the school shootings in Newtown, Conn. Cuomo said the law will save lives and shows that government can act after a tragedy.

“I think the state is a safer state,” Cuomo said on 1300-AM (WGDJ) in Albany.

New York passed the first and toughest gun-control law after the Newtown shootings. It adds a stronger assault-weapons ban and limits the number of bullets in a magazine to seven, down from 10. It also requires more registration requirements of guns.

Some law enforcement officials have railed against law, saying it would be difficult to enforce and were leery of going after law-abiding gun owners. But prosecutors and some police organizations have backed the law, saying it would help crack down on illegal guns and sales.

In a letter Monday to lawmakers, Cuomo said he appreciated their support on the issue.

“Your vote for passage of the NY Safe was politically courageous and governmentally responsible,” Cuomo wrote
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #245 on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:24:47 PM »
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #246 on: Jan 29, 2013, 10:54:03 PM »
More police officers upset with the new laws: http://www.saratogian.com/articles/2013/01/29/news/doc5108795722a87952348056.txt?viewmode=2

I have only talked to one officer who agrees with the new laws.......

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #247 on: Jan 30, 2013, 06:07:40 AM »
Where is that one located...?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #248 on: Jan 30, 2013, 06:10:29 AM »
Have to imagine most law enforcement personnel own firearms...and as they use AR style at work or are trained with them, they like to own them....so as a citizen away from work not being able to buy one or jump through all the hoops to keep their firearms has to anger them as well....And The ammo limit in clips from 10 to 7 as well, are they going to reduce the number in their service handgun? Doubtful....I wouldn't if I was a law enforcement officer....Carry as many as it will hold...my life depends on it....

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #249 on: Jan 30, 2013, 07:17:17 AM »

Was watching the news last night & boy COUMO sure making it rough , I didn't realize NY.
   You go to buy Ammo you going to get a back ground check  what the     And all the
   other changes , It did say some legislators aren't happy cause they shot that bill right threw

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #250 on: Jan 30, 2013, 05:22:49 PM »
What happens when a Dictator and his cronies make up assnine laws and institute them on the people,
Ask King George the III...........................

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #251 on: Jan 31, 2013, 03:10:27 AM »
Where is that one located...?

Syracuse

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #252 on: Jan 31, 2013, 03:17:50 AM »
Have to imagine most law enforcement personnel own firearms...and as they use AR style at work or are trained with them, they like to own them....so as a citizen away from work not being able to buy one or jump through all the hoops to keep their firearms has to anger them as well....And The ammo limit in clips from 10 to 7 as well, are they going to reduce the number in their service handgun? Doubtful....I wouldn't if I was a law enforcement officer....Carry as many as it will hold...my life depends on it....

You would be surprised. A good percentage don't own any other weapon than their duty weapon and don't carry outside of work. Those same people only qualify twice or once a year depending on Dept policy. Most only have to get an 80 to pass. That mean you can actually lose round off target and still pass. I have a nice award I still need to frame for qualifying Top Gun (top score) out of my class. Best 2 1/2 weeks I ever had. Getting paid to shoot.  8)

As it sits now they are codifying exemption for police and peace office in the AWB like in the old ban.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #253 on: Feb 02, 2013, 05:34:21 PM »
Funny, the gun shop at work has had a large percentage of NYS police in to buy handguns and many AR rifles...They are buying up the Sig Sauer and Kimbers we have in....

Thought this was great!! sent a letter to all senators and this was the result from Chuck Schumer .......
 Thank you for your e-mail. Each and every piece of correspondence I receive is important because it allows me to better understand the New Yorkers I serve in the United States Senate.

As you can imagine, my office receives a great number of messages every day regarding a variety of issues — this is particularly true of e-mails. It makes me proud to know that my constituents take an active role in our government by corresponding with me, and I look forward to responding to your concerns in greater detail. In the meantime, I just wanted to let you know that your e-mail has been received, and to ask for your patience until I send you a more detailed response.

Again, thank you for writing. Please feel free to visit my website http://schumer.senate.gov to follow my work in the Senate and to learn more about the services my office can provide to you.

Warmest regards
Then sent a scathing note to him on his web page regarding his remarks on gun control at the last meetings..
this was the reply.... Thank you for your e-mail. Each and every piece of correspondence I receive is important because it allows me to better understand the New Yorkers I serve in the United States Senate.

As you can imagine, my office receives a great number of messages every day regarding a variety of issues — this is particularly true of e-mails. It makes me proud to know that my constituents take an active role in our government by corresponding with me, and I look forward to responding to your concerns in greater detail. In the meantime, I just wanted to let you know that your e-mail has been received, and to ask for your patience until I send you a more detailed response.

Again, thank you for writing. Please feel free to visit my website http://schumer.senate.gov to follow my work in the Senate and to learn more about the services my office can provide to you.

Warmest regards
doesn't matter what you think of him or what he does...he doesn't care..he has a retirement package that most of us would only dream of, and I'm sure he is worth more dead to his family....he doesn't care people...like so many in Washington....

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #254 on: Feb 02, 2013, 07:01:49 PM »
Funny, the gun shop at work has had a large percentage of NYS police in to buy handguns and many AR rifles...They are buying up the Sig Sauer and Kimbers we have in....

Thought this was great!! sent a letter to all senators and this was the result from Chuck Schumer .......
 Thank you for your e-mail. Each and every piece of correspondence I receive is important because it allows me to better understand the New Yorkers I serve in the United States Senate.

Warmest regards
Then sent a scathing note to him on his web page regarding his remarks on gun control at the last meetings..
this was the reply.... Thank you for your e-mail. Each and every piece of correspondence I receive is important because it allows me to better understand the New Yorkers I serve in the United States Senate.

Warmest regards
doesn't matter what you think of him or what he does...he doesn't care..he has a retirement package that most of us would only dream of, and I'm sure he is worth more dead to his family....he doesn't care people...like so many in Washington....

I wouldn't p--s on him if he was on fire !!!!!

Peddler
Peddler

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal