Author Topic: "ORIGINS"  (Read 22805 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
"ORIGINS"
« on: Jul 07, 2012, 04:50:35 AM »

I can't remember if we did this before on this site, I know we did it on Ice Shanty, but it's interesting to know how we all came up with our user names.  My is kind of self explanatory..........  30-30 was my fist hunting gun & the 1 I hunt the most with. Lets here yours.

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
Re: "ORIGINS"
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2012, 05:40:40 AM »
Well 30-30, I started using Peddler back in the day when CB radios were the craze. I'm a mfg. rep and I started on the road in 1971 I work for a company that has 10 salesmen and we cover Maine to Fla. My territory is all of upstate NY and a portion of western PA.We represent approx. 25 companies but not all in all areas. Our primary business is fishing tackle but we sell a line of hunting boots and a line of high end binoculars and spotting scopes.Our sales are primarily to distributors who then sell to individual stores and we also sell direct to chains like Dick's & Gander etc.You should make a trip to my annual sample sale in May, I think you'd enjoy it. Hunt made it this year.

Peddler  :) :) :) :) :)
Peddler

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2012, 06:26:15 AM »
I tried to combine Raquette Lake and Adirondacks...    But it came out sounding like someone who frequents Raquette Lake a lot... ;D ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline jperch

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2012, 06:54:05 AM »
Good thread.  My name is the same on all three sites and I started on the shanty.  My grandfather took me fishing 50 some years ago. He laid hardwood floors for a living and was a very good fisherman and hunter.  Mostly bullheads and perch were what we caught and they went on the table. Unfortunately I never got to go hunting with him because the dust from the floor sand fumes from the sealers got him by the time I was of hunting age.   He always said that there were two different kinds of perch, grass perch and jack perch.  He said the grass perch were small and the jack perch were big and more brightly colored.  This was on Lake Ontario, where we had a cottage.  So, I went with jperch.  It reminds me of him and good times we spent together.   jperch

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2012, 07:46:35 AM »
By the time I found this site I was sick of trying 100 different names to find one that wasn't used. So I just used the first two letters of m first and last name. Only goes to figure the one forum I like and use is the one I didn't take the time to use a decent name for  ::).

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2012, 07:48:12 AM »
By the time I found this site I was sick of trying 100 different names to find one that wasn't used. So I just used the first two letters of m first and last name. Only goes to figure the one forum I like and use is the one I didn't take the time to use a decent name for  ::).

I don't think "LGtroutguyAndBowHunter" is taken..... yet.   8)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2012, 07:51:39 AM »
But if I change now it'll take forever to make it to big prick status  8). If we weren't a self governing lawless society here, I'd ask big brother if I could change the name on my account.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2012, 08:06:24 AM »
But if I change now it'll take forever to make it to big prick status  8). If we weren't a self governing lawless society here, I'd ask big brother if I could change the name on my account.

I know a guy who can make that happen...... :o
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8 on: Jul 07, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »
5 generation Cranberry farmer, Cranberrys grow in a bog, so I am a bogman......and a JR.  ;)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Jul 07, 2012, 08:19:41 AM »
I went with something original on mine. ;D ;D

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 07, 2012, 08:41:15 AM »
First choice was taken ;  I live in Vermont & VT. is known as the Green Mountian state , So I made that work ;D ;D

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #11 on: Jul 07, 2012, 09:03:52 AM »

My Dad is the reason for my passion for the outdoors , everyone called him Mookie . Dad passed 7 years ago now so It is my way of remembering him .... kinda like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHjaW9sXl7s 8)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #12 on: Jul 07, 2012, 11:19:54 AM »
well i'm mealworm on iceshanty, and i didn't figure that name would really work here so bucksnort it is!
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Jul 07, 2012, 12:43:48 PM »
hickgtx600f4 is my shanty name and i use it on MFF also. well I'm a HICK, the sleds a GTX600, and the bike bike was a F4. a bit of a collaboration of things that works.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Jul 07, 2012, 01:32:35 PM »
When I first came on MHF I was only legal to hunt for a couple years and I had killed 2 bucks ever, they were both 7 pointers. I couldn't get over the 7pt hump and get an 8 so I came up with Stuck-on-Seven. Since then I've gotten over the 7pt hump but I still like the name   8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal