Author Topic: North East Turkey Report  (Read 21289 times)

Offline Wolley

• 6 Pointer
Re: North East Turkey Report
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2012, 08:49:48 PM »
After an exciting first morming on monday, this morning i made a key adjustment in my approch and set up in the wood instead of the field. I had an early start around 3:45 since I had to walk almost completely around the field and then back into woods to approach the rear of where i thought the turkeys were. sure enough 2 birds starting in gobbling like on monday. i got as close as i though i could without spooking them and got set up. Before light an owl flew into a tree about 15 yards from me and started talking to the toms. they when back and forth for about a 5 minutes hooting and gobbling. I got a couple minutes of video and once i get it hosted somewhere ill post it up.

i patiently waited to call untill i heard the first gobble on the ground. Afew clucks and purrs on the slate and both toms were gobbling there way over. i could here the closest one spitting and drumming but couldnt see him though the brush. Once i caught sight of him he moved slightly to my left into a small opening i let him have it.

18 lbs 3/4" spurs and 8.5" beard.

i think i took this one with one of the magic fuctions on, on the camera and it turned him really bright blue
wake up America www.infowars.com

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2012, 09:29:29 PM »
Nice job! Great picture
Take a Kid outside...

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2012, 03:13:15 AM »
Excellent job well done Nice pic's as well

Offline surflizard

• Forked
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2012, 05:24:38 AM »
Congrats on the exciting hunt and thank you for sharing it with us, Well Done !

BUCK BARACK HUSSAIN OFAMA

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2012, 06:17:00 AM »
Good job, Wolley, thanks for sharing....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2012, 06:50:16 AM »
Nice Job. Congrats

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2012, 12:02:28 PM »
called a couple jakes in for my buddy, it was his first time really turkey hunting and he was hungry, got pretty intense having the birds 20-30 yards away gobbling in pines, they came out and saw the full strut tom and backed of, we then army crawled in and got one, He let me have the jake fan for the decoy so hopefully more birds dont run off, they must have been wooped by a tom already haha
Take a Kid outside...

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2012, 12:34:47 PM »
Congrats to you and your buddy j....sounds exciting  8)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:57:31 PM by eyehi »

Offline Wolley

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2012, 07:09:59 PM »
Here is the link to the video i took the other day a little before five. I was set up sitting listening to the turkeys and that owl flew in and landed in a pine 15  yards in front of me. not much for a visual since it was still dark but the sound is alright. they went back and forth for about five minutes before the owl took off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRk7OeorcWY

Offline Wolley

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2012, 06:10:10 AM »
I got out for a couple hours this morning. it was alot quiter than the first few days. There was one bird gobbling that i got set up on. He landed in the feild and i was behind in the woods. He wasnt coming into the woods at all so i circled around and ended up spotting him. It was a jake and there was another smaller jake and a hen with him. I got them to about 50 yards but gave him a pass. To early to be done now.

Offline Otto

• 6 Pointer
  • Something is always in season!
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2012, 06:02:20 PM »
Second outing this morning, just for three early early hours.  Heard lots of fly downs and a few gobbles a little ways off , but never got my eyes on one today.   Today was buggy with the humidity and little or no breeze, got to remember the Thermacell for Saturday.
Good luck everyone. 
Boom, Done!

Offline Wolley

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2012, 05:50:51 AM »
Really quiet as far as turkey activity goes this morning. Did see a couple deer and the bird of the day, lots of woodpeckers. I think that supermoon has them shut up.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2012, 05:53:12 AM »
Blind was gone yesterday from the field a few minutes from the house.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2012, 05:38:56 PM »
Thats no good, Sorry bro.

Offline Wolley

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2012, 08:45:45 AM »
Week and a half left here in maine. Today was pretty quiet but last friday thru tuesday there has been a lot of gobbling and activity. had a nice tom at about 60 friday and couldnt get him closer. Saturday there was multiple shots fired but no bird. Monday i got set up perfect, had one gobbling. Came in perfect but ended up being a jake and i passed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal