Author Topic: Damn...why is this board DEAD?  (Read 4324 times)

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
Damn...why is this board DEAD?
« on: Nov 18, 2004, 02:26:48 PM »
I'd really like to talk huntin' with people, but everyone seems to be tight lipped...what gives? Are you just too busy hunting to talk about it? No, can't be, because a lot of you guys are in the shanty. Maybe I'm just more excited than you wiley old veterans ;D Whatever the reason, let's see some action in here!

-Zach

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
Re: Damn...why is this board DEAD?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »
I agree, I thought this board would have all kinds of posts. Myself, I haven't had a chance to get out much. It seems like the deer have dissapeared in my area. The last few years I've been able to watch them in the field out my back window almost every evening around dusk. Not this year. If I have any success this weekend I'll let you all know.

Offline reubenpa

• Forked
  • OH MY... I can't stop shaking!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2004, 10:26:13 PM »
would love to talk about it, but haven't had any succes except for one squirrel this morning and havn' seen anything really except for spotting
Come on Archery season

buzzbomb

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2004, 06:18:31 AM »
I saw some yesterday.....let the little doe walk, saw a gang of mulies.....considering the ones I may have seen twice saw between 8 and 13 deer.

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2004, 07:51:09 AM »
Who knows why this board does not have alot of posts. Its strange for sure, seeing it seems like more people on IS are talking more about hunting there.

I don't post 1/2 as much as I used to on websites. I do have one NY board that I have been a member on forever and moderate there that I talk everyday on.

As for this season. It was steller again for me. Our QDM plan is working and paying out dividends now. It really only took 2 years tops to pay back. I took a QDM criteria buck on the first weekend of this season. Since then my problem and I am reluctant to call it that has been only seeing bucks. Thats good but not when you don't have another tag to use during the archery season.

I have been out multiple times this year and have only been skunked about 4-5 times without seeing deer. I have hunted about 30 times this season so far.

Next week opens gun season and I have a considerable amount of time off. Its shaping up to be a great season again and if the deer hold the same patterns as they have been I should have a very nice buck by about 7:10 am.

Good luck.

Jon

Offline Spicoli

• Spiked
  • The Buck Stops Here.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2004, 05:11:29 PM »
I would agree on it being dead, took and nice mule deer a week ago and now off whitetail hunting on monday.

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2004, 07:54:21 AM »
most of the time i,m the only one on line. everybodys gone to ice shanty. i think i,ll go there now.

Offline mjc2799

• Nubbie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2005, 11:45:16 AM »
hunting season is over ... everyone is located in the Ice Shanty

mike

Offline Ihunt

• Nubbie
  • Hunting Is Life
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2005, 08:46:04 PM »
The only thing that should be dead is the game we talk about.  I have been on the Ice Shanty since hunting closed here but I am excited about this board.  Let's put some life in it and "they will come".
Let Me Hunt, Let Me Hunt, Let Me Hunt

Offline Otter

• Nubbie
  • The forest is mine
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2005, 12:29:27 PM »
This board will be fine in time when more folks migrate over here.  I'm quite a bit more comfortable in the woods than on the ice, bowhunting is my #1 pastime.

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
  • I love stick and string
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2005, 11:43:21 PM »
Howdy all. just signed up. I don't know about the rest of you I just don't have anything to hunt now. spending my time dreaming of hunting and spending time on the ice fishing. Did not bow hunt this year. had a problem with my arm and could not get a tight group if i tryed. Not fair to the game if I can't make a good shot. Spent some time at the lanes got a little help and a good shock absorber and I am back, or a least getting closer. really looking forward to turkey hunting this spring. I'm a beekeeper so my spring gets a little hectic but got to  get out when I can.
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
  • "we don't remember days....only moments"
« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2005, 05:22:58 AM »
It's just a slow time as hunting seasons are yet to start  (April to Jan).........we're all still ice fishing  up here in Manitoba !  ;D
"we don't remember days....only moments"

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Mar 29, 2005, 12:04:52 PM »
hey chen guess who? lol ill pick it up talking to myself ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal