Author Topic: cheap trail camera  (Read 2269 times)

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
cheap trail camera
« on: Aug 11, 2012, 06:26:34 PM »
I know nothing about these but seen a few pictures from them on another forum and they looked decent. For $30 I may grab one to give it a shot. thought I would share in case anyone else was interested.

http://www.simmonssportinggoods.com/detail2010.asp?query=81454401110

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
Re: cheap trail camera
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2012, 06:27:37 PM »
guess my link didn't work but thats the website that is selling them.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2012, 07:08:38 PM »
           I don't want to seem too negative, but if the more expensive 1's are crapping out, then how good could a $30 1 be. You get what you pay for. My luck the cheaper 1's will last. ???
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2012, 07:09:45 PM by 30-30 »

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2012, 07:41:01 PM »
here is the info on the camera.

http://www.huntenoutdoors.com/products/GSC35%252d20S.html

and the reviews

Great Camera Great Price!!

Posted by Jama on 16th Jun 2012

I bought this a couple years ago from Menards in Wisconsin. It was on closeout because it was end of the season so it was cheap. It was my first camera. I didn't have alot of expectations, but I put it out and was shocked. The motion detector picks up almost everything so you have to be careful with they wind, but the pictures were great. In talking with others who have more expensive camera's they were shocked how good the pictures were and how cheap the camera was. For the price of the camera, 6v battery pack, and solar panel you can have a great setup and leave it out for months. It will take up to an 8 GB SD card which can hold over 8,000 pictures. It takes video too, but that is only useful in the day. Lots of fun and the right price!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good camera at a low price

Posted by JP on 12th Nov 2011

I'm very happy with the camera. It works like it should and takes good photos day or night. I'm glad somebody came along with a good camera for a low price. The big boys have needed some competition for YEARS.

You're gonna need to buy an SD card for it to work. It does go through batteries but no worse than any other game camera I've had.

Two things will simplify your life (both available at a camping store):
 1-Put a longer nylon strap on it.
 2-Put one of those little nylon bayonet style buckles on the new strap

Offline myemmy

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2012, 08:24:09 AM »
Purchased a reconditioned Bushnell, reasonable price, seems o.k.  , give it a try.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2012, 10:56:16 PM »
I know nothing about these but seen a few pictures from them on another forum and they looked decent. For $30 I may grab one to give it a shot. thought I would share in case anyone else was interested.

Did you pick one up? Very curious to get a review from someone on here.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 13, 2012, 03:56:16 AM »

X-2 Intrested in seeing how they are as well sure are inexpensive enough ;) ;D ;D

Offline DamionBross

• Fawn
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:20:03 AM »
here is the info on the camera.

http://www.huntenoutdoors.com/products/GSC35%252d20S.html

and the reviews

Great Camera Great Price!!

Posted by Jama on 16th Jun 2012

I bought this a couple years ago from Menards in Wisconsin. It was on closeout because it was end of the season so it was cheap. It was my first camera. I didn't have alot of expectations, but I put it out and was shocked. The motion detector picks up almost everything so you have to be careful with they wind, but the pictures were great. In talking with others who have more expensive camera's they were shocked how good the pictures were and how cheap the camera was. For the price of the camera, 6v battery pack, and
solar panels you can have a great setup and leave it out for months. It will take up to an 8 GB SD card which can hold over 8,000 pictures. It takes video too, but that is only useful in the day. Lots of fun and the right price!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good camera at a low price

Posted by JP on 12th Nov 2011

I'm very happy with the camera. It works like it should and takes good photos day or night. I'm glad somebody came along with a good camera for a low price. The big boys have needed some competition for YEARS.

You're gonna need to buy an SD card for it to work. It does go through batteries but no worse than any other game camera I've had.

Two things will simplify your life (both available at a camping store):
 1-Put a longer nylon strap on it.
 2-Put one of those little nylon bayonet style buckles on the new strap

Surely you have great set up.. Price is extremely affordable.. I am looking to get similar camera so can you tell the right source to get it..
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2014, 05:09:26 AM by DamionBross »

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2014, 07:13:12 PM »
Has to be better than a wildgame..!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal