Author Topic: View trail cam memory cards in the woods  (Read 1962 times)

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Forked
View trail cam memory cards in the woods
« on: Oct 11, 2017, 08:59:35 AM »
I have my first trail cam set up and looking forward to seeing what has passed the past few weeks.

How does everyone view their memory cards? I was thinking about bringing my small digital camera, insert the memory card and scroll through the pics. I don't want to bring a laptop, and i would rather bring leave the card in the cam than to bring it home with me

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
Re: View trail cam memory cards in the woods
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2017, 10:43:54 AM »
Be careful using the digital cameras and memory cards. And make sure you use the same memory card in each trail cam. I only say that because that's what I use to do was bring out my digital camera and swap cards. The more i did that the cards started making new files so I couldn't view them from the digital camera. I use a wildgame viewer they're 50 bucks. My brother got this reader from Walmart that plugs into your phone for 15 or 20 bucks
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2017, 11:17:45 AM »
Generally I swap the cards, but during hunting  season I have a card  reader that came with one of my cameras I bring with me to view the files while in stand.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2017, 11:30:46 AM »
Blaster, thanks for the information. I actually bought 3, and got 3 32GB cards pretty cheap so they will all match up. I was looking into the reader but the initial investment was more than i was hoping to pay (3 cams, a card and batteries for each). Was hoping to stop the bleeding but it may be worth it to get a reader (either handheld or for the iPhone)

Deposit, that's a great reason to have a reader. take your time looking at the pics while in the stand (or still hunting)

Thank you both!

Offline Otto

• 6 Pointer
  • Something is always in season!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2017, 04:21:06 PM »
I have a Wildgame Innovations card reader, if you want it PM me and I will send it to you.  I don’t see myself using it again, but it is handy to have in the field.
Boom, Done!

Offline MGK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2017, 12:01:41 PM »
I view them on my iphone. Apple makes an SD card viewer that plugs right into your lightning port. Works very well. I had a Moultire one and it only worked for about 2 weeks. I also wasn't very careful with it and think It might have gotten water inside. Stealth cam also makes a similar one. (Moultire and stealth cam have Android options if that's what you have)

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2017, 05:10:50 AM »
I just switch cards and bring them home,I tried a camera but sometimes the image is to small to see something,I tried a card reader for my LG phone but would not work.

Offline Deadeyez

• 6 Pointer
  • Bow Hunting Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2017, 07:30:37 AM »
I have the Bone view card reader that plugs into my iPhone. Amazon sells them for $25 or something like that. They make them for android as well
THWWWACK         Never Back Up Never Back Down

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal