MHF US Northeast > Hunting New York
My 07' Bow Buck (Rage Broadhead...Graphic)
(1/3) > >>
Inwellb4light:
Here's my 07' (State Land) bow buck.  Hes an 8 pt 2.5 year old deer just shy of 140lbs.  I had a spike come in early at first light that I let pass, and this guy came into the grunt tube at 9:05am.  He hit my VS-1 Scent drag and started going nuts.  He followed the scent trail I layed with his nose glued right to the ground grunting every step of the way.  I had him 3 different times in my lanes at  9, 12, and 21 yards but either couldn't get him stopped long enough to get a shot or when he did stop he didn't offer a clean bow kill shot.  I finally got him to stop at 36 yards and offer and nice broadside, slightly quartering away shot and I put a good hit on him, center mass right through both lungs.  He kicked, jumped up then ran 10 yards and stopped, he looked around and just walked away about 50 yards, layed down and expired.  I have never shot that far in the woods before and it seemed wierd to hear the arrow sizzling through the air so long then the THWAACK of it hitting its mark.  The first pic below is of my buck and I, the second pic is the graphic entrance wound of my 2 blade Rage Broadhead...I put a quarter next to it to give it come scale.  A quarter is exactly 1 inch in diameter so i'll let you determine the length, but it sure looks to be at least 3 times the length of that quarter.

TR19:
Congrats on a great buck !! I guess those Rage broadheads do a number on a deer. Just a quick ?, did you get a pass through on that buck or not?. I've read some threads of people saying the Rage heads don't pass through very well. I don't think you would've had a problem with the blood trail anyway looking at the entrance wound. Good Job !!
saranacjoe:
Congrats on a great looking buck.
Inwellb4light:
It was a pass thru...I shoot an 07 Bowtech Allegience and have had it chrono'd at between 330-335 fps.  At 36 yards it didnt make it through by much though...it was lying on top of the leaves not stuck in the ground.
TR19:
Damn that's fast !!!! Nice job again ! I'm trying to decide if I want to switch to the Rage heads next season or not.... I like the carnage they make, but I like a pass through 2 sided blood trail also.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version