Author Topic: Back Uptah Camp  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Aziscohosbuck

• 6 Pointer
Back Uptah Camp
« on: Nov 08, 2019, 05:50:10 PM »
Have been hunting the Kennebec Highlands area for the last 6 years as we bought a home right on the edge of 12,000 acres of conservation land.  It is tough hunting as no ATV's are allowed and you have to walk in 3/4 - 1 mile off the nearest road to get into the really big buck core areas during the peak of the rut.  I've managed to take a very large doe at 138 lbs. field dressed and a 6 pointer that field dressed 150 lbs in that 6 year stretch of time.  Laid eyes on several very big bucks that would go well over 200 lbs. field dressed but just couldn't connect.  So this year I am returning back up to camp at Aziscohos to continue my quest for a big Northwestern Maine Buck.  Heading up on Tuesday 11/12 to hunt thru Saturday 11/16 hoping to change my luck with the big boys.  Weather looks to be very cold with an additional snow storm thrown in, so hopefully will be hunting on snow and can do some tracking.  I usually wait to hunt the last week of rifle season in Northern Maine, but the last couple years have proved to be unusually cold with plenty of snow earlier in the season so I'm going to roll the dice and go for it at the peak of the rut and see what happens.

Good luck to all and enjoy the hunting season!

Aziscohosbuck   

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Back Uptah Camp
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2019, 06:17:25 PM »
Keep us posted!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2019, 10:19:16 PM »
Good luck! A friend of mine at work was heading up to his camp near Rangeley Lake, and he had heard there was snow on the ground.

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2019, 06:24:00 AM »
Sounds like you have a good plan, and I'm sure you'll have some snow on the ground. Good luck!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal