MyHuntingForum Main > MHF Turkey Contest
2103 Gobbler #2 Dusted
(1/2) > >>
33Canuck:
My trip North proved to be worth the travel as I tagged out on a awesome double bearded Gobbler He was 22.5lbs with a 10 3/4" and 10 1/4" beard and 1" hooks.  It was a long story but day one was quiet with only 4 jakes and a hen called in.  Day 2 was pretty quiet with only distant roost gobbles.  The old man and I put about 5 miles on the boots looking, found a group of jakes, decided to play around with them and try to video, ended up having 2 LB's come in from the right and worked them for over a hour until the almost were in range and the jakes came in and chased them off.  So we were on the move, about a half mile away we entered a secluded field I tossed out a few yelps and the gobbler cut back and was red hot. We had no choice but to set up in a 3 tree deep hedgerow on the edge of a set of rail tracks, with dad 20 or so feet away I worked the gobbler for about 30 minutes to within 20 feet of him and I had to make a left handed shot on one of the best gobblers I have taken to date with 2 awesome beards!

monk:
Awesome bird, congrats!
Raquettedacker:
Very nice bird Kurt..
hesseltine32:
Really nice bird congrats. !!
Otto:
The double beard is really cool.  Great job!
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version