Author Topic: Which Bow ??  (Read 1833 times)

Offline windwalker

• 6 Pointer
Which Bow ??
« on: Dec 01, 2012, 11:33:15 PM »
I'm going to be buying a new bow in a little while and haveing  been out of the archery scene for a bit I see that there are a lot of new bows out there and I was wondering if I could get some feed back in regards to what you shoot and why you choose the bow that you own ? I have been looking at PSE as I had one before and liked it ,but am open to looking at a lot  before I make that purchase ...............good and bad guys ,gals ,which would you recommend

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Which Bow ??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2012, 02:45:05 AM »
I recommend the one that you like after checking out several at pro shops.....go places that allow you to try a bow....good shops have an area to shoot a couple arrows, and really feel how the thing shoots. All manufacturers are putting out quality equipment for the most part. They all have strengths and weaknesses.
I never advocate someone who has been away from archery or someone who has never shot to just buy a bow online or in a big box sporting goods store. Good luck and good shooting!!!

Offline windwalker

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2012, 09:45:13 AM »
O well I guess I'll try them all ,or at least what I can find at the archery shops etc ? I had hoped that I would have heard some replies on the higher end bows and the more average priced bows ? I never quite understood what the price differance was ? I had a locally built bow for years and it out shot my brothers $1200.00 bow ? Couldn't understand the huge differance in price ,thinking of course that the more you pay the better the quality whiich in the end turned out not to be true at all ?.

Offline Cornbread

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »
I shoot a longbow. I have three of them. One is home made from osage and two are laminated wood and fiberglass made by a friend in Oregon. Of the two laminated ones my brother has one that he is using until he gets a new one made for himself. Usually if I am wanting a new bow I just make one or trade a friend who makes them something they want for having them make me a new one. Speaking of which I need to make new strings for my boys bows before they get back out to my place at Christmas so they can shoot bunnies.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal