Author Topic: first day of deer season  (Read 10675 times)

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
Re: first day of deer season
« Reply #30 on: Nov 17, 2006, 03:58:08 PM »
I passed on two more does tonight.  :-\ We still have another week.

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #31 on: Nov 19, 2006, 01:25:17 PM »
good day Thursday shot a spike that some one had paunched  tried to find the guy that had shot it but couldn't find him ( deer was laying by the brook shot just to be sure it was down for good) talked to the guy who probably shot it Thursday morning was looking for it and short at 2 does that he said he missed 2 bad i didn't get his name and address would have been his first deer  i hope to run into him again before the season ends to tell him my brother and i cleaned it and dressed it out and called the warden to come get it after investigating he believed me and took the deer said it would go to a needy family and thanked me for being a sportsmen first thing he asked was if i had a doe permitt i said yes but didn't matter its a young buck he looked sirprised later in the day had 5 deer go by on the crossing my brother was going nuts because i wasn't shooting i fired at one of them took a head short i though clean kill or miss i was wrong that deer jumped 30 feet high in the air though i was done for the year wrong short the antler off now with just a week to go i think maybe i should have taken the heart shot and been happy with that one  i would say it went 150_+    Friday we were sitting in the truck having coffee waiting for the rain to stop and a buck went across the road  sat all that was seen was moose

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #32 on: Nov 19, 2006, 01:30:32 PM »
I passed on two more does tonight.  :-\ We still have another week. i did the same hope we didnt blow it i think iam taking the next one  that is if i get another chance

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #33 on: Nov 19, 2006, 05:06:56 PM »
I think I'm done letting them walk, I'd like to have some fresh deer meat for ice fishing.  ;)

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #34 on: Nov 20, 2006, 09:42:40 AM »
I think I'm done letting them walk, I'd like to have some fresh deer meat for ice fishing.  ;)
       i know i aam think i made a mistake by not taking one thursday should have taking the kill shot on that buck  i ran into the guy that gut short the spike this morning his brother had just shot a nice little doe it weighted in at 105 good eating size  good luck  i wouldnt pass on another this late in the game  but then again there still black powder season ;D

Offline Deer Monger

• 6 Pointer
    • DumondFlies.com
« Reply #35 on: Nov 21, 2006, 04:40:49 AM »
I seem to remember that you can't hit squat with a muzzleloader   :D  :D
There is still a tail-less buck out there from the last time you fired  :D  :D  :D
2009 tally

Woodies - 5
Mallards - 2

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #36 on: Nov 21, 2006, 09:22:17 AM »
I seem to remember that you can't hit squat with a muzzleloader   :D  :D
There is still a tail-less buck out there from the last time you fired  :D  :D  :D
ya but hes a lot bigger this year more to shoot at

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #37 on: Nov 26, 2006, 04:23:54 PM »
hope everyone had a good thankgiving and a enjoyable deer season good luck to those that are going out blackpowder hunting i missed a kick arse buck the last 2 min of the season got to get ready for work will post the weekend story later and until i can shoot strait ill sign off as bent barrel

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #38 on: Nov 30, 2006, 06:24:25 PM »
well after waiting 2 hrs for that deer to go by the crossing it was  time for coffee yup poured me a nice hot cup of coffee and grabbed a donut so there i stood with a coffee in one hand a donut in the other and the gun laying 3 feet a way on the ground and Mr big buck standing in the wide open crossing steering at me now i must have really looked stupid to him cause he just stood there looking now i must have really looked funny to him cause he just stood their watching me tiptoe over to my gun spilling hot coffee all over my hand and a donut stuck in my mouth why he even let me squat down and reach for the gun the second my hand touched the gun he decides its time to leave he jumps behind the trees and waves good by 3 times with his white arse :'(

Offline mostlybuckless

• Nubbie
« Reply #39 on: Nov 30, 2006, 06:52:23 PM »
Now thats funny, i don't care who you are  :-[

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #40 on: Dec 01, 2006, 06:58:41 PM »
Now thats funny, i don't care who you are  :-[
that dirty son of a gun i waited 3 hrs this morning for him to come for coffee and he never showed up i hope his girlfriend shows up tomorrow ill take her home ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal