Author Topic: my morning  (Read 1596 times)

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
my morning
« on: Apr 29, 2013, 02:07:38 PM »

Got set up at one of my spots and at first light tom flys down probably 200 yrds away . Hit the call GOBBLE  all bye himself sweet !!!!    Call him to bout 30 yards and let him have it down he goes and as i'm headin out to get him he runs off !!!!!!!!!!!!  too far to shoot again bye now i set back down and watch him for 1/2 hour as he sneaks off very alert .bummed out and trying to think what did i do as i,ve shot a bunch of birds with this gun and same loads ???         

Head off to another spot nothing going on so i head further in to chech the fiddleheads and work my way along picking afew and calling some .. hear a gobble away off and work towards it 'get maybe 75 yards and call and he seems to go away  :-\  wait awhile nothing then a crow calls and he gobbles further awat now    hoof it to the pole line and hear him gobbling the other side up aways     head down the center trail parrallelling him get 100 yards up call and hes right there 50 yards away .I hunker down behind some juniper call again and 2 birds gobble coming closer
         let them come to 20 yards and shoot at lead bird and HE FLYS OFF  shoot at second bird as hes headin out about 25 yards out and off he goes !!!!!! 
                         I cannot for the life of me figure out how i screwed up on 3 toms this morning when i should have had 2 birds down and done !!!!!!!!!     bummin hard !

My way of life

Offline Turkeyslayer

• 6 Pointer
Re: my morning
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2013, 03:42:51 PM »
Yeah I don't blame you I missed 2 first one was with my bow instead of watching the arrow fly from behind my bow I pulled it down and put my arrow 5 feet in front of him and hit a rock.  Switched out for my shotgun same as you killed plenty of birds with it called one in to 30 yards he knows somethings wrong I had my gun in my lap so I pulled it up and he started to boggy so I rushed the shot and missed been kicking myself in the butt all day.  Oh well there is always tomorrow I missed one last year on opening day and shot a 21lb'er the next day.

Offline MEhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2013, 03:49:57 PM »
Who wants to be done opening day any way!?! I'm going to have to show this story to one of the youngsters I took out on Saturday that had a bad missing. Will make him feel better. We all do it and have done it, that's for sure!

Offline salmon44

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2013, 04:08:52 PM »
You had some action, get-em next time..

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2013, 05:26:59 PM »

Ah ha you had a great day things happen that is the way of life had Lot's of fun anyway you will smoke'm for sure next time  ;)

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 09:51:22 AM »

Finally got back out and wacked one this am 17.5 lbs ,3/4 spurs and 8 beard . Not the biggest but hey one in the hand as they say ....... pics on phone did not come out good at all
My way of life

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 01:40:03 PM »
Congrats on the bird !

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 04:03:06 PM »