Author Topic: information on locating a big rack bull in byron Me. area would be appreciated  (Read 11124 times)

Offline Bigfish57

• 6 Pointer
Way to go 53" is a hog!

Offline swampbuggy1

• Spiked
  • NOTHING but HUNTING
I can't figure out how to get a picture into this reply.  would like to show some pictures if I could.  I will wait and see if someone can help me out with this.  Thanks.

Offline MaineHuntah

• Forked
If you would like you could e-mail them to me and I will post them for you. PM me for my e-mail address if you would like.

Offline MaineHuntah

• Forked
Ok so here are the pictures of swampbuggy's moose from this year and the second picture is of her sons moose two years ago. Hers was 937lbs and 53" spread while her sons was 750 lbs and 61" spread.

Offline knurren

• 6 Pointer
  • New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting!
That is excellent work, congratulations. :)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
2 great animals congratulations
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline 3006 deerslayer

• 6 Pointer
Great moose there Judy, was this moose taken the same way Glenn shot his two years ago?
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :o :o :o :o :o
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot gun,
he likely knows how to use it."

Offline nofishin

• 6 Pointer
Nice moose.  I would assume it was your group we saw up on that un named road on saturday.  lots of traffic.  It was too bad there was so much shooting going on.  my buddy went to the end of the road and said it was sad what was going on.  i certainly hope that it was a different group not associated with MHF.  Being a true sportsman is important.

Offline swampbuggy1

• Spiked
  • NOTHING but HUNTING
No it wasn't us anybody saw.  It was me, my husband who is in a wheelchair, my son and my dog on this hunt there was no shooting going on near us.  Didn't see any other hunters that morning at all.  I usually hunt alone or with my son.  But my husband was the permit holder and he had to be there with us.  It was very difficult for him to be there because he is in a lot of pain 24/7.  He was so excited after the hunt.  He couldn't wait to call his family to tell them everything that happened that morning. It was just three shots and the bull was down.  I really believe the first shot would have done the job, just wanted a quick kill.  The meat is great, very tender.  Really filled up the freezer.  Where is it that you saw all the people?  We hunted in the same area all week and hardly saw anyone.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
I am sure hunting moose with a dog would be quite a thrill but I don't think the Green Police would like it. ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline swampbuggy1

• Spiked
  • NOTHING but HUNTING
Not to worry about the dog.  It's a miniature collie. 20 lbs. soaking wet and affraid of his own shadow.  Just a pup and couldn't leave him home thinking we would be gone for the day.

Offline nofishin

• 6 Pointer
it was the no named road your husband talked about.  seemed to be a lot of traffic up there for only three people. 

Offline swampbuggy1

• Spiked
  • NOTHING but HUNTING
Hey NOFISHIN,  So you talked to my husband.  That is very interesting seeing that most people can't understand a thing he says, unless it is somebody that knows him very well.  He doesn't travel or go out by himself!!!!  I really don't understand why the harassment.  Leave my husband alone please.  It is really a shame that you use the handicapped to create a false statement. Karma!!!

Offline nofishin

• 6 Pointer
Hey NOFISHIN,  So you talked to my husband.  That is very interesting seeing that most people can't understand a thing he says, unless it is somebody that knows him very well.  He doesn't travel or go out by himself!!!!  I really don't understand why the harassment.  Leave my husband alone please.  It is really a shame that you use the handicapped to create a false statement. Karma!!!
maybe i am mistaken....i did not talk to him i PM'd him.  sorry for the confusion

Offline nofishin

• 6 Pointer
I just checked my PM's again.  it was swampbuggy1.  not trying to stir things up but i just want to know the truth.  if i had known he was in a wheel chair i would have tried that much harder to get him a bull.  I think it is great he is still out there. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal