Author Topic: #3 For the Season! (pics)  (Read 4559 times)

Offline MGK

• 6 Pointer
#3 For the Season! (pics)
« on: Nov 18, 2014, 07:50:50 PM »
I got out of class at 3:30 and literally ran to my car, got changed and was in the woods by 3:45. I had just sat down when I turn and see a deer walking directly at me. I didn't see antlers sticking out so I just figured a it was a decent sized doe. The deer turns slightly quartering away at 12 yards in the one opening I had, I grunted and it stopped. I can't see the head or the rear, just the front shoulder so I let drive.... THWACK.. I see the arrow hit behind the front shoulder and the deer takes off. I stand up since I was on the ground and walk back the my car. I soon see a couple kids from school driving around and they pull in next to my car and ask "You see a wounded deer? I just shot at one." I said no but that I had also just shot a deer. So they went back to look for blood, I waited an hour and then went in after mine. Not much blood at the start but that was because I hit him a little high and the cavity had to fill up. He only went about 80 yards and dumped over, double lung shot. I soon noticed that the deer had a fresh wound in the neck. But it was very clear who had killed the deer. So I dressed him off, dragged him out and right before I leave, the kid hops in my car and says " Where I come from, the first person to shoot the deer gets it." I told him that he should have made a better shot and we wouldn't be in the mess. He didn't like that and insisted that I give him the deer and I insisted that I had shot it. So long story short, I offered to split the meat with him but we came to the agreement that the deer might have died with his wound but I killed the deer. The argument kind of pissed me off though. I honestly can't see how someone could jump out of a car, fling an arrow through a bunch of alders, barley hit a deer and want to claim it as theirs. The deer had gone over 400 yards from where he shot to where I did.... not one spot of blood was found in those 400 yards. What is everyone's take on this?

His entrance hole

His exit

My entrance ( quartering away)

My exit

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: #3 For the Season! (pics)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2014, 07:56:51 PM »
Nice job bro! The other kid can go pound sand! Stick to your guns. Where does " he come from " Ogunquit?  ???
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Stinginglips

• 6 Pointer
  • I love a nice rack
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2014, 08:13:18 PM »
Nice job bro! The other kid can go pound sand! Stick to your guns. Where does " he come from " Ogunquit?  ???

I was thinking he was probably from there too. Nice deer buddy!

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2014, 08:46:27 PM »
IMO its your deer.  good job

Offline MGK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2014, 09:01:31 PM »
If I was in his shoes, I would just be glad someone was able to kill the deer so it didn't suffer with a hole in it's neck.

Offline tubeslinger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2014, 09:45:52 PM »
Your deer. Congrats

Offline VenisonFreak

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2014, 12:09:23 AM »
Congrats Matt!  100% your deer so don't let him tell you otherwise. If you do decide to honor your agreement and give him half, I'd go with the front half.  ;D

Offline gamefisher

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2014, 04:39:39 AM »

X2. Want me to get Pat to pay him a visit?  He is close by to you and will set the story straight with the other kid. ;D. Welcome to Downstate Matt, this would never happen up your way although I doubt you would ever see three deer to shoot in a season either. ;D

Offline Buckwild

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2014, 05:47:08 AM »
Congrats on # 3 . I say it's your deer you made the kill shot. Awesome Matt you are going to have lots of venison to eat ice fishing.

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2014, 05:58:32 AM »
congrats on number 3 absolutely your deer man, people feel intitled way too much and it seems that kid definitely looks at life that way he placed a bad shot and wounded the deer you placed a good shot and harvested it quickly and efficiently. nicely done!
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Nov 19, 2014, 06:18:19 AM »
No questions asked your deer for sure. I agree with MGK I'd be glad someone put it down. Congrats good eating spike.
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline countyboy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 19, 2014, 07:33:15 AM »
Your deer for sure.There'll be lots of good vittles on the ice this season.

Offline windwalker

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 19, 2014, 02:59:26 PM »
Your deer ! around here it's who ever puts the animal down , and then  it's your choice if someone argues it with you if you want to be " so kind " as to give it back , but yours all the way , congrats

Offline Alex D. Large

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Nov 19, 2014, 06:11:52 PM »
My take is that you've had a great season this year regardless. Congrats!

Offline NHJAKE

• Forked
« Reply #14 on: Nov 19, 2014, 06:33:40 PM »
Your deer all the way.......Congrats on #3

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal