Author Topic: Area 10 Cow (Type 6)  (Read 2869 times)

Offline thissilentstar

• Nubbie
Area 10 Cow (Type 6)
« on: Aug 16, 2013, 03:27:59 AM »
I am mostly a lurker on the MFF site and Iceshanty - have gotten some great help on both of those sites, especially iceshanty.  My dad and I bought some area 10 cow tags this year, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any landowners in that area that allow people to shoot cows. 

An HMA actually opens up later in the season so we will have some time come Nov/Dec to hunt more, but this will be my dad's first elk, so hoping we can get some extra time in early season...plus I am just itching to get out there!

Thanks to anyone who as any information for me.

Offline oneshott

• 6 Pointer
Re: Area 10 Cow (Type 6)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2013, 03:32:42 AM »
Hunt under the Palm trees.  If you can't find them, try the pineapple trees.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2013, 06:22:32 AM »
I have no information for you but welcome to the site..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline appleye

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2013, 07:57:25 PM »
I don't have any of the information your looking. I'm not from that part of the state.

I would jump in the truck and go for a long road trip and start knocking on some doors asap. The earlier you contact the land owners the better. I'm always trying to find out who owns want and make a point to try to meet them. I would think there would be a land ownership map that could be found on the county's web site. That's the first thing I look for then start drawing the lines on a BLM map.

Good luck. It's a lot of work but always worth it.

Offline wyoBaldwin10

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2013, 12:17:28 AM »
You shouldn't have any trouble finding a cow in area 10. Don't really need access to private if your willing to do a little walking. The wick/beumee public access has lots of cows. Just be at right place right time.

Offline thissilentstar

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2013, 07:36:19 PM »
Thanks for the thoughts everyone.   I am willing to walk and find them - so is he, but he just will not be able to go as far as me.  That's why it would be nice to have a few more options just in case. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal