Author Topic: Wanted- Strong backs and weak minds  (Read 3193 times)

Offline wyohunter

• Spiked
Wanted- Strong backs and weak minds
« on: Nov 08, 2007, 09:54:06 AM »
Just when I thought my hunting season was over I got a envelope in the mail yesterday. I drew a BISON permit for this fall, looks like I will be makeing a trip to Jackson at the end of Nov. to look for a buffalo. About five years ago I was in that country with a freind hunting moose and got to watch a guy get a buffalo. they are HUGE made my freinds moose look small, Any packers want to volunteer LOL will be paid off in buffalo steaks LOL.
Wyohunter

Offline LT

• 6 Pointer
  • "You can run big boy, but you'll just die tired."
Re: Wanted- Strong backs and weak minds
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2007, 10:12:58 AM »
WH, I'll be outta town for Thanksgiving, exactly when do you excpect to whack this critter, if I'm here, count me in.  Don  ;D
"There are two types of men, those who live to hunt and those who gather the firewood."

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2007, 10:19:50 AM »
Congrats on the Bison tag! :o
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline wyohunter

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2007, 11:04:02 AM »
Icensnowmonster, right now its looking like maybe the first week in Dec. still trying to get it all figured out,
adkRoy ,thanks

Offline LT

• 6 Pointer
  • "You can run big boy, but you'll just die tired."
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2007, 11:42:25 AM »
Aaaaaaah...you're just kidding us...you'll be doing this with your Honey!  ;D
"There are two types of men, those who live to hunt and those who gather the firewood."

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2007, 03:56:05 PM »
If I lived out that way Id love to experience a bison kill and get some meat! Most be awesome
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact." -Aldo Leopold

Offline Cargo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2007, 09:48:24 PM »
wyohunter alright a Bison! Did you draw a Bull or cow. Make sure you have plenty of sharp knives. On my Moose hunt I brought along a 18V reciprocating saw. I did not use it, but it might be handy if you can get your PU close. Also I am on my last week of vacation right now but I will see what is open for me at the end of the month.

Offline salmotrutta

• Nubbie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2007, 10:52:52 PM »
I'm in if some meat is coming my way.  Icensnowmonster can verify my packing ability and I've also spent many years in taxidermy and can cape and prepare your bison for a shoulder mount.  I'm dead serious.  I'm not yet a resident and have an empty freezer as a result.  If timing and everything works out, I'll help you out....
Salmo Trutta

Offline salmotrutta

• Nubbie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2007, 12:17:54 AM »
Just wanted to repeat my previous offer............

Offline wyohunter

• Spiked
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2007, 12:37:50 AM »
Salmotrutta - sent you an email

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal