Author Topic: Hunting at Uncle Ted's  (Read 10504 times)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Hunting at Uncle Ted's
« on: Sep 06, 2006, 11:15:33 AM »
After teaching inmates at a correctional facility all summer I needed an adventure. So my brother and I drove out to Michigan where we got to hunt on TED NUGENT's Sunrise Acres!!!!!!!!!

I booked a boar hunt and my brother booked a ram hunt. Our guide Paul was the best!!!! First he set us up on stands where we saw all kinds of deer and other animals. After an hour he came to see how I was doing. I wasn't seeing any boars so he and I went to a spot and stalk. After walking around for an hour we came across a group of European boars and sows. I shot a 250 lbs sow at 40 yards with my .30-.30. It only went 12 yards and died.

The other hogs got riled up from the smell of blood. Paul suggested we go back and get the truck and when we started sneaking out of there the boars saw the movement and started to come after us. We hurried out to the field where we could run quicker if we had to but the boars would not leave the tree line. We then got my brother and dad and came back to pick up my hog. We then went on a spot and stalk for a ram for my brother. After an hour of following the rams for a perfect shot, my brother dropped this beautiful corsican ram at 80 yards with his .30-.30.

Paul our guide was the best. He was professional and he had lots of good advice. He had two happy hunters at the end of the hunt.

We also saw spanish goats, texas doll sheep, Whitetails up the wazoo, and Bison.

All in all it was a great trip. We drove the 1300 miles round trip. I can't wait to go back.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
Re: Hunting at Uncle Ted's
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2006, 11:22:33 AM »
Cool! Looks like a fun hunt ;). Was it fairly expensive??
Adam

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2006, 12:05:54 PM »
$575 for the hog  $550 for the ram. If you want Ted Nugent as your guide, tak on an extra couple thousand!

Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2006, 12:38:45 PM »
$575 for the hog  $550 for the ram. If you want Ted Nugent as your guide, tak on an extra couple thousand!

prices arent bad, except for the nuge :o
it would be cool, but man thats alot of money.

great pics, i want a hog someday.  (shut up PG ;) )

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2006, 12:40:00 PM »

I was all ready to type until I finished the sentence :-\  ;D ;D You're lucky  :-*
Adam

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2006, 01:48:32 PM »

Lots of nice places in NY to get yourself a hog Arch.

I've already had some of the hog it it was very delicious. We also had some of the ram and that was really good too.

Offline Whitetailer

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2006, 11:42:54 PM »
"Please latch gate securley".

Wouldn't want the "game" to escape I guess eh?

Sorry, this kind of stuff really bothers me. To call this kind of thing hunting is an insult to the word. Fencing in animals then turning "hunters" (thats an insult to that word too) loose to "hunt" them is unfair, and gives our sport a bad name. Ted Nugent is the worst thing to ever happen to our cherished sport, he's made a mockery of real hunting. That fence beside the bison is proof positive what kind of crap this really is.

But I guess if you're proud of killing an animal inside a fence it can't escape from, good for you. Does he have a special price for putting a collar on an animal and tying it to a tree? Maybe the price gets higher for every foot of length in the rope? How about putting it in a cage and just sticking your muzzle through the bars?

Dream hunt. uh huh. Dream hunt my ass.

Offline Whitetailer

• Spiked
« Reply #7 on: Sep 06, 2006, 11:51:45 PM »
If you ever want to try a REAL dream hunt, come on up here to Canada and hunt 1000 square miles of mountains for Elk. Theres no fences, so your hunt may take longer than a couple hours.

"Paul our guide was the best. He was professional and he had lots of good advice. " How could he not be the best? How much advice can you give a client on a hunt like this? Pretty much comes down to "Your best chance is to stay inside the 8 foot fence and shoot straight". What else is there?

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 07, 2006, 08:22:38 AM »
wow, i thought this was the pictures thread not the hunting politics thread? no one asked about is fence hunting ethical or what do you think of fence hunting, just showing off pics ??? i agree with you about the fence hunting, but can you really let exotic animals run wild?

http://www.myhuntingforum.com/hunting_forum/index.php?board=58.0

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:26:49 AM »
"Please latch gate securley".

Wouldn't want the "game" to escape I guess eh?

Sorry, this kind of stuff really bothers me. To call this kind of thing hunting is an insult to the word. Fencing in animals then turning "hunters" (thats an insult to that word too) loose to "hunt" them is unfair, and gives our sport a bad name. Ted Nugent is the worst thing to ever happen to our cherished sport, he's made a mockery of real hunting. That fence beside the bison is proof positive what kind of crap this really is.

But I guess if you're proud of killing an animal inside a fence it can't escape from, good for you. Does he have a special price for putting a collar on an animal and tying it to a tree? Maybe the price gets higher for every foot of length in the rope? How about putting it in a cage and just sticking your muzzle through the bars?

Dream hunt. uh huh. Dream hunt my ass.

To each his own.

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:36:04 AM »
wow, i thought this was the pictures thread not the hunting politics thread? no one asked about is fence hunting ethical or what do you think of fence hunting, just showing off pics ??? i agree with you about the fence hunting, but can you really let exotic animals run wild?

http://www.myhuntingforum.com/hunting_forum/index.php?board=58.0

Agreed Arch. Not the place to have that conversation. Nice Hog Roy...Glad they're in a fence & not running wild in our woods..nuicances
Adam

Offline esox slayer

• Nubbie
« Reply #11 on: Sep 07, 2006, 11:26:34 AM »
Excellent response Roy...glad to not have those blasted things running around loose in my woods.

I'd like to get into a conversation about "some comments" made on this thread as well...but will show restraint also...

As far as the "Nuge being a detriment...he's done far more to promote the good of the sport than he has to harm it...hands down....Esox

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Sep 07, 2006, 11:57:54 AM »
Esox,
    Great to see you on MHF!!!!!!

Offline esox slayer

• Nubbie
« Reply #13 on: Sep 07, 2006, 12:10:08 PM »
Nice to be here..and to see that no matter what the sport..there's always a Jetster amongst us.....Esox

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Sep 07, 2006, 12:31:08 PM »
Esox,
    Great to see you on MHF!!!!!!

I don't know if I'd go that far...but I'm glad he's here. lol  ;)
Adam

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal