So I had found some hen of the woods all over by my house although, 90% of them were covered in white mold or sogged wet and nasty. I found 3 that were good but my mom tasted one after cleaning and boiling them in salted water for 12 minutes and said they tasted metallic. They are definitely hens but I wondered if there were some mold on part of the mushroom if that could be the cause of the bad flavor. http://www.flickr.com/photos/63674816@N07/6331866717/in/photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/63674816@N07/6331869447/in/photostream
there are a couple photos to help.