Author Topic: cva scout or cva optima elite rifle?  (Read 11515 times)

Offline Big Country

• Nubbie
cva scout or cva optima elite rifle?
« on: Aug 28, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »
I was looking to purchase a single shot rifle and like the looks and feel of these just can't find any info on them. I was wondering what kind of accuracy could be expected out of these rifles.

Offline newfound

• 6 Pointer
Re: cva scout or cva optima elite rifle?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2010, 06:34:27 AM »
Single Shot Rifle? or Single Shot Muzzleloader?
If Rifle:
CVA Apex
If Muzzleloader:
CVA Accura V2

Don't try to penny pinch.  saving a hundred bucks or so for a lower model doesn't save in the long run.  When you figure in ammo to site in, cleaning supplies, range time, Scope... etc..

Both come with garuanteed accuracy from CVA or your money back.  CVA has been outstanding to their customers over recent years.

Compacts are nice... For rifles, I prefer a bolt.  However if you're looking for something lighter to carry around the woods whitetail or something for a smaller framed person..  Then it's hard to beat a Scout Compact in .243.
Up here in the NH woods, my longest shot in 30yrs of hunting was 80yrds.  I prefer hunting with a ML, even during rifle season.
I've not hunted VT hayfields in decades, and thus have not shot my 7mm Mag. at any deer there.(too much gun for whitetail at closer ranges.). It was used for taking a 525lb dressed Bull Moose at 30yds.
For me, the scout compact would be an interesting pick-up if it was offered in 260rem or 7mm-08, but it is not.
I also would like to see CVA add a 260rem Bergara to their line-up.  I emailed them, and no plans for that anytime soon.
I just bought a cheapy CVA Wolf 50cal with the removable plug.  This was purchased for my 11yr old.  I bought this model, because it came in carbine and fit him correctly with comb/pull.

And, it will always be a goto choice to let guest hunters borrow.

However, for myself, it would be an Apex or AccuraV2. in black semi pistol grip no thumbhole.
I personally love the thumbhole when on the trigger, but hate not being able to hammer back and lower my thumb. So I prefer the semi pistol no thumbhole.

Ultimately you really should hold whatever it is you're thinking of purchasing before you purchase.  Your gut will tell you if it fits right. :-)  If it feels like it's been a part of you your whole life, then purchase it.

Good luck with your purchase.

Newfound
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2010, 06:57:27 AM by newfound »

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2010, 07:25:02 AM »
Just had to post....Mr. Newfound that was an awesome response!!
My brother has two CVA's, one with a shotgun barrel. They both shoot well.
Two friends have the Scout and love them...

Offline Big Country

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2010, 07:29:52 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I am looking at the 7mm-08 scout and purchase a compact stock for my son.  Then I could also use it.  I already have a bolt gun that I love. It is a little on the heavy side.  It is a savage model 12 in 308 has bull barrel and laminate hardwood target stock.  But for accuracy it cant be beat.  Most place I hunt don't have very long shots either but I have a few spots that offer some long shots.  I really enjoy bow hunting the best.  I was just looking for some info on the cva scout or the cva elite stalker.  They have been hard to find any info on and I appreciate the great info I received here. Thanks again.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2010, 08:25:44 PM »
I feel like a salesman for them, but don't overlook H&R. My uncles 223 can touch three holes at 100yds. All he's done to it was to have H&R lighten the trigger (free) and he ran a series of polishing rounds through it, then put a rubber washer under the forearm mounting stud to float the barrel. My girlfriend's 223 (H&R) has a youth stock on it, so it's hard for me to shoot well, but it's a 1.5" group for me at 100yds with just a lightened trigger (3-4lbs also free).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal